• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

That sucks maybe I should buy a spare for the 242 for down the road.

FCP still has them IPD is still failing. I'll find out if IMC still has them in stock

I tried finding them in FCP but as far as I can tell they only carry OE or GMB...

EDIT: never mind, found it now. AutohausAZ has them for 10 bucks less a pop and with free shipping. Yay!

Welp, couldn't wait to get them on. Really cleaned up the front end along with the headlights and grille. Also I realized I have no pics that highlight the axle being forward 18mm from stock and the wheels pushed out 25mm on each side. Also, cockpit shots. Waiting on an R-Sport cluster come May.

The trans is a tragedy but otherwise it's looking good!

Does this car have 250 lb/in springs all around? If so I'm assuming it rides fairly plush and has decent travel with the short struts, amirite?

250 lb/in springs up front with Monroe inserts and chopped sedan springs in the back with Suburban shocks. The rear is unsurprisingly much stiffer than the front. I do plan on getting some 175 lb rear springs on adjustable perches and some sort of a motorsport solution for the fronts. Maybe the revalved B6 bilsteins that RSI sells. It is definitely very comfortable for what it is. If the stars align and you end up going to Davis (and if I end up driving rather than flying...) you are more than welcome to give it a feel.

That said, 9" or 10" springs would be better as I do get coil bind if I'm pushing it hard on imperfect road surfaces. Only problem is wheel backspacing...I would have to run ET15 for my front wheels to clear the spring perches.

Last edited:
I would drop the rounds for early TV screens in a heartbeat :oops: I do love the five panel tails!

But yes, the euro corners brighten up the front end a great deal!

Last edited:
I guess it is a case of you want the rare stuff- in the UK round headlights are vanishingly rare, so I always prefer the cars that have them.

The TV screen lights are what every car had here, pretty much.

I guess it is a case of you want the rare stuff- in the UK round headlights are vanishingly rare, so I always prefer the cars that have them.

The TV screen lights are what every car had here, pretty much.

I am referring to the ones on 1980 and earlier build years, like the ones John R H has on his red 245. That said I am quite content with the current front end setup!

what are the deets on the headlights? Looks good!

Here you go! http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-899250

Will do.

Got the wheel barely used from someone rlse on here. Kinda wanting to get a Mod 7 or a Prototipo next...

Back