• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1+1=245

see how many get the reference
Alan-Arkin-in-the-1970-fi-007.jpg

I'm waiting for my wife to bring me a vernier caliper from Harbor Freight so I can get going with the cam. In the mean time I finally got around to installing the 75C turbo oil cooler and my oil pressure b230 block adapter. The 10bar sensor will go on once the alt belt is on so I can see how much clearance I have

o546.jpg

why don't you put that oil sammich on a 740 arm??? and not kill motor mounts

This thread is awesome! Exactly the sort of enhancements (and level of execution) I'm looking for on my 245. Subscribed!

Thank you
much appreciated

why don't you put that oil sammich on a 740 arm??? and not kill motor mounts
I thought about that but when asked if the lines work with the 240 turbo cooler and/or lines no one had an answer and I didn't feel like messing with it.

also
I have the turbo engine mount cover plate (waiting to get powder coated)
I always put a rag there regardless.
I pressure wash my engine regularly to get all the crud off.
From what I hear (tb myth?) these engine mounts don't last long no matter what you do.

Got the car running on Tuesday night. It would have been done in the middle of the day but I had to redo the timing belt 3 times. Timing was around ~20 every time. I checked and triple checked every time it was off..... wtf....
Turns out the dizzy was off one tooth (not the aux shaft) from whoever did the Tbelt last time.

Car runs great but I think I have a small vac leak somewhere - The economy gauge is off just a bit (full vac) at idle.

Picture - moved the e-fan temp sensor to lower radiator hose. Now I need to shorten the wires to correct lengths. I will do that after swapping to EZK and removing the Chrysler garbage.
tuk8.jpg

Mid cycle dash I scored with 4 tiny cracks - fixed thanks to Ken
According to Redwood "the nicest mid cycle dash he has seen"
Needs cleaning and will go in in the next few weeks

dzq3.jpg

9dvh.jpg

Also found a dealer installed 240 LSD
because LSD > Locker
hp7x.jpg

yeah it is... it came out of an 87 245DL also had the volvo rear leveling system - shocks were gone but I snagged the pump/gauge/tubes

1/2 off sale too

pain in the ass to set it free. Cover/ bearing plates/ axles all came out easy but to free it took about an hour

yeah it is... it came out of an 87 245DL also had the volvo rear leveling system - shocks were gone but I snagged the pump/gauge/tubes

1/2 off sale too

pain in the ass to set it free. Cover/ bearing plates/ axles all came out easy but to free it took about an hour

dafuq????? 1000 lb payloads ftw....

what shocks can be used with them?

The benzez are hydro filled with a pump.....you'd probably need to spec out an air shock that will fit.....maybe something off road quality....then you can adjust the height of your bolbo for road queen or hunting machine.....that would be the shizzz

And I've had motor mounts last me 300k miles......but then again I drive like a gramma.

I finally got around to installing EZK.

write up is here

Hardest part was getting to the knock sensor. I had to remove the intake support and take it off with a 27mm
Second hardest was splicing in all the wiring at both ecus since there's hardly any room. I took my time but the whole job took about 3-4 hours.
I mounted the powerstage in front of the battery on the inner fender

Car started right up on first crank!

out with the old
IMG_4762_zps5c17155b.jpg

intake support bracket
IMG_4763_zps2945a35a.jpg

Chrysler box gone. I need to move the fan relay to a better location
IMG_4764_zpsd9d847fa.jpg

EZK box next to the ECU, not yet mounted with zip ties
IMG_4765_zpsb118a93c.jpg

Back