• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

I think Andreas is well informed about the wires and rurrents etc meing the Elektriker :D

ADam

I think I get what you're saying about the rurrents and meing and Elektriker, but I can't be absolutely sure. I was just trying to point out to Andreas what might be a troubling issue so he could address it beforehand. I didn't think Poulrais would pull the thread so far off track.. My apologies!

I think, being an Elektriker myself, he should be all good with what he got done as the whole body IS a negative earth anyway, so there's no need for extra wires ;)

ADam

575_zpsadea42ab.jpg

On what position did you weld that tooth? and how do you manage to keep it in sync when putting the belt on?

575_zpsadea42ab.jpg

On what position did you weld that tooth? and how do you manage to keep it in sync when putting the belt on?

just welded it to the high point on the lobe, made a mark on the pully to line it up.. then sorta eyeballed the offset (its a big window) and set in the ecu!

the 242 is going in for a new paintjob soon (the one it has is, mediocre at best)

my original plan was just to have the guy do the same color as it has.. but then i started thinking... what about the original dark brown?? i do love that color, and it is the original one...

what do you guys think?

the 242 is going in for a new paintjob soon (the one it has is, mediocre at best)

my original plan was just to have the guy do the same color as it has.. but then i started thinking... what about the original
dark brown
?? i do love that color, and it is the original one...

what do you guys think?

YES! Single Stage for the win.

Back