• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best sounding muffler (2012 fartcan bump)

Magnaflow straight through
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tHC3SU57gss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Pardon my bonified friend

This gives you a better sound of regular driving
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YFkvHVmzWns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i have full 3", no cat, straight through 18" magnaflow, i freekin love it.

Thats basically exactly what I have but I still have the stock 2 1/2 downpipe. I might just like it straight piped or maybe just a small resonator or something. This 18" magnaflow I have takes all the sound out of it, in the first two gears I hear my fan over the engine noise out of the back. Ha which brings me to want to get a e fan.

I'm using this
1148.jpg

Sounds good, some what stealthy. Vibrant 1148

^^^ i can vouch for this one looking/sounding good.

i also like the dynomax ultraflow strait through, it sounds great and throaty on the 8v.
muf_welded.gif

I don't know how the twin tips vibrant would look or work coming out of the back of a hole in the skirt that is 3" designed for one pipe. I could get a 3" straight through vibrant I might try, I think I wanna hear it straight piped before I put another muffler on though. So much sound deadening in these things its crazy.

Cheapest way to go about it. Cut out the resonator, go to Auto zone, get a straight section (18'' long), couple clamps, and some JB Weld.
You would be surprised on how quiet the resonator makes the car.

Cheapest way to go about it. Cut out the resonator, go to Auto zone, get a straight section (18'' long), couple clamps, and some JB Weld.
You would be surprised on how quiet the resonator makes the car.

there's two kinds of cheap, first there's cheap, and then there's too cheap. that's too cheap.

No I can have it welded up. I dont mind it quite loud, probably a little bit less noise than open downpipe. I will just cut the muffler out and see if I like it straight 3" all the way back, if not I might try a different muffler like a vibrant.

im just using standart pipes cut off behind midd muffler bend the pipe so it faces the ground and finished. got a great sound especialy on the track

This may sound like a weird question, but are you looking for a better sound for yourself, or outside the car? I ask because all performance aside, so much of what you hear inside the cabin isn't the exhaust at all, but the intake tract noise. Just remember: If you want them to enjoy the sound of your car, work on your exhaust, if you want to enjoy the sound of your car, concentrate on your intake tract, (adding a cylinder makes a Volvo motor sing) :-P This exhaust...3" end-to-end with 1 race cat, 1 16 inch glasspack (I was totally amazed that this was still working 10 years after it was installed), and 1 straight through Magnaflow followed by a reproduction of the factory "S" bend to help control in-cabin resonance in a wagon.

Outside, my car sounds nifty enough, kinda like a Group B Audi that's gone through puberty and learned some table manners...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_L-CN63NAgw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Inside, however, you can hear Eric's beautiful header get after the job and make all 4 inches of intake work!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZphTIO8S-M4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This may sound like a weird question, but are you looking for a better sound for yourself, or outside the car? I ask because all performance aside, so much of what you hear inside the cabin isn't the exhaust at all, but the intake tract noise. Just remember: If you want them to enjoy the sound of your car, work on your exhaust, if you want to enjoy the sound of your car, concentrate on your intake tract, (adding a cylinder makes a Volvo motor sing) :-P This exhaust...3" end-to-end with 1 race cat, 1 16 inch glasspack (I was totally amazed that this was still working 10 years after it was installed), and 1 straight through Magnaflow followed by a reproduction of the factory "S" bend to help control in-cabin resonance in a wagon.

Outside, my car sounds nifty enough, kinda like a Group B Audi that's gone through puberty and learned some table manners...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_L-CN63NAgw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Inside, however, you can hear Eric's beautiful header get after the job and make all 4 inches of intake work!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZphTIO8S-M4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That sounds sick... Ha sounds good inside and out. I think I might like the sound of a resonator better than a muffler, maybe I will try that. I know I loved the way mt gtx sounded with just a resonator and that was on a 2" turboback.

Just had my 89 n/a wagon done in 2" straight with borla muffler at the rear of the car. Very nice sound almost like a XKE jag under accerl. Idles mean and heavy for a Volvo now with a slight hint of that flowmaster pinging sound. Feels like it also released a few more horses and with these cars every one of those phillies counts. Wish I had done this sooner. Very nice upgrade.

I would advise against glass pack mufflers, I'm running a thrush on my 745 and it gets far too much attention from the local constabulary. You can't really go wrong with a flowmaster IMO.

I can't believe how mellow some of these magnaflow's sound, I put one on a 7 series BMW and it sounded like I was running an uncapped header, apparently there are vast differences between the models.

Hopefully Smokey chimes in with what he's got. His system is NICE and not too loud from inside the car. I think most of the reason it's so nice is because of who he had install it.

Back