• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How much on a 780 Bertone is interchangable with a 740?

89_740Turbo

I know they use the same drivetrain and chassis, but what else is interchangeable? Can I use 740 lowering springs or 740 shocks and struts? Are the seats interchangeable? Stuff like that.

Obviously I know the body is different so I cant use that. I'm just curious to know because the more I look at them, the more I wonder what is interchangeable and what isn't.

The rear shocks depends on whether the car is early with a solid rear axle, or later with multi-link rear suspension. The front struts should be the same as ABS equipped 740/760/940/92-94 960.

The 780 havc system is different from that the defroster ducts are very different. That makes the dash pad unique also. Front seats interchangeable. Not the rear.

Basically all powertrain, fuel system front brakes, fogs, interior switches, some electrics, instruments, front suspension are relatively interchangeable....maybe moonroof too?

All exterior metal work, lights and interior will not be compatible. Seats would likey look dumb in a four door volvo without matching interior.

If you want to know about any specific part, let me know as Ive parted three 780s and harvested most of the 780 unique parts to keep my commuter/winter beater going forever.....

Patrick

Last edited:
Basically all powertrain, fuel system front brakes, fogs, interior switches, some electrics, instruments, front suspension are relatively interchangeable....maybe moonroof too?

All exterior metal work, lights and interior will not be compatible. Seats would likey look dumb in a four door volvo without matching interior.

If you want to know about any specific part, let me know as Ive parted three 780s and harvested most of the 780 unique parts to keep my commuter/winter beater going forever.....

Patrick
How about the bumpers?

Back