• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Help me with my first engine project - timing belt and camshaft change

I think you might be right about the fuel pump issues. I filled up the tank and the car runs perfect! She goes into storage for the next 6 months. So probably something I will check out in the Spring.

I think you might be right about the fuel pump issues. I filled up the tank and the car runs perfect! She goes into storage for the next 6 months. So probably something I will check out in the Spring.

That is more than likely a torn hose that transfers fuel from tank pump to sending unit. They degrade and fuel struggles to get out of the tank below ~1/2 tank. The pump lifts the fuel, then it just gets pushed out of the holes in that hose rather than going to main pump.

http://cleanflametrap.com/transferPump.htm
image073.jpg

Might as well replace the fuel line an tank pump while it's out.

I plan on doing this next year in Spring. Car is in storage and will be sitting there until late April/beginning of May.
When I had changed my in-tank pump (to Airtex brand), the sending unit was pretty cruddy and the hoses were beat. So might be worthwhile change them all out.

I plan on doing this next year in Spring. Car is in storage and will be sitting there until late April/beginning of May.
When I had changed my in-tank pump (to Airtex brand), the sending unit was pretty cruddy and the hoses were beat. So might be worthwhile change them all out.

You changed the tank pump but didn't change that little piece of degrading rubber!? lol

I actually didn't on my 93 either. It was in fantastic shape. But if they show any signs of wear it's always a good idea to change them.

Back