• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

Yes indeed it is, its super sketchy off of Greenhill, some cars look like they have been there for decades. Much different than most of the yards anymore. Cool place to roam around and look at stuff though.

Sean

Yeah it was super weird. I did get a set of blue rubber floor mats out of an 84 244 for 20 bucks though! I can't remember which yard tried to scuff me 200 bucks for a crappy looking 541 ECU.

Oh also, can you do all this amazing work to my car? :lol:

Does the stock style sway bar clear the oil pan? It looks tight, although it may be the angle. Great build, love it!

This is a first without a doubt for me, I have had a love for cars and building them since long before I could drive. I have built hundreds of cars, trucks, buggies, bicycles and motorcycles. I have never not finished a project, I am motivated and big on finishing what I start, sometimes to a fault. In the past year and a half I have had a horrible motorcycle accident, almost lost my left leg, two surgeries on it one to get rid of the infection, bought a house in Eugene, moved, remodeled my house in Portland, moved back sold the Eugene house and built about 80% of a bad ass Volvo.

And now I find myself 100% out of motivation to finish this car. I am not sure why exactly I think it's because there is still so much work left to be done on it, even though I have seen how much work has been done to get to this point.

Not quite sure if I am going to just sideline it until I get motivation to finish it or if I am going to sell it as is.

Just thought an update to my thread would be a good one. Maybe one of you Turbobrickers can help me find some motivation.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Sean

This is a first without a doubt for me, I have had a love for cars and building them since long before I could drive. I have built hundreds of cars, trucks, buggies, bicycles and motorcycles. I have never not finished a project, I am motivated and big on finishing what I start, sometimes to a fault. In the past year and a half I have had a horrible motorcycle accident, almost lost my left leg, two surgeries on it one to get rid of the infection, bought a house in Eugene, moved, remodeled my house in Portland, moved back sold the Eugene house and built about 80% of a bad ass Volvo.

And now I find myself 100% out of motivation to finish this car. I am not sure why exactly I think it's because there is still so much work left to be done on it, even though I have seen how much work has been done to get to this point.

Not quite sure if I am going to just sideline it until I get motivation to finish it or if I am going to sell it as is.

Just thought an update to my thread would be a good one. Maybe one of you Turbobrickers can help me find some motivation.

Sean

I think you've been pretty much been working on this build alone? Correct me if I'm wrong. One of the best things about a car build is sharing it with someone who has the same passion or even if they don't, someone who helps out when you need it. One person can get a lot of stuff done but having a helping hand makes all the difference in keeping the progress in a forward motion.

Sean

Do I need to come over and kick your ass and help get some **** done (by that I mean stand around and talk **** while you work)? Maybe that'll give me some motivation to finish my blue junk storage bin in my gargae.

Give me a few days heads up.
I'll help out. Maybe even drive my 242 down?
I will send you a text so you have my number.

Yeah it'd be a damn shame for this to get sold as is, not a lot of people have the skills or patience to finish it to the level of craftsmanship that you've started with. I've personally derived a lot of inspiration from this and all your other builds, and I know I'm not the only one.

I've hit a wall too. It sounds similar, life gets stupid busy and I just need time to sit down and do nothing. I need to go home tonight and kick ass on the car, it needs to get done since it's my go-to when the weather get too bad to commute on a motorcycle.

I have Thursdays off now if you need someone to drink your beer and maybe turn a wrench.

I waited five years to get back to my project. In my opinion, if you need a break from it, just take a break. If you don’t NEED the money, just leave it in the corner until you have the urge again.

I haven't worked on my autocross car since June 2015, the last time it ran. Hoping to get it back home in the spring now that I have a garage to work in.

Finish up this longdoor so I can take it for a spin in May.

Good Evening Sean,

I am in the beginning stages of my own 240 LS build, simple put I just sat for almost 2 hours reading through 13 pages of anticipation, hoping to hit a completed and road test video or continuation of progress, regardless I am not disappointed, it's understandable life throws curve balls each and every day, reading your last post I think you would not be satisfied within if you were to sell this project incomplete, sure initial satisfaction of "out of sight out of mind" but in the long run there would be that empty feeling of an unfinished task on your life's to do list. I'm always reminded that my very existence brings joy, inspiration and hope to others, most times it's just my kids but on rare occasions I excel as a small glimmer of light for others around me.

I don't know you personally but from the comments of followers of your current and previous builds and those who are willing to travel to assist you, I would say you are an inspiration and a beacon of hope for the enthusiasts out here who dream of building their own.

Take your time, set the project aside for a short awhile if need be and regroup but Please do not give up, you have done remarkable work to this point and the finish line is very close dig deep and find that inner strength that second wind.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".

Not my quote but certainly a powerful one, especially when the challenge and controversy is a fight within ones self.

Have a blessed and healthy holiday season.

L....

Sean

Time away from any project provides clarity and needed rest! There is no shame in "standing down" for a couple months/half year. Get that time behind you..... and then you'll know exactly what to do next.

"Hear and forget..... see and wonder..... experience, and understand"

Back