• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 760 TIC

Today WR was taken out of the garage after it was there for 3 weeks, i had to change allot of stuff like:

- Preped the car for welding, took all the interior bit out ect
- JW welded up the car
- i zinkoxided the car twice and then painted it up
- Installed the 100AMP alternator
- Ran new wired trough the doors to the trunk for amp hookup
- Redid all the carputer wires
- Put in ned carpets form a 940
- Replaced the bumpershocks i got from a 940 and put 740SE ones on it
- Put the interior back ect
- Replaced the whole exhaust for a single muffler one

Im sure i forgot some stuff, im off to the APK (this yearly test all cars in NL need to pass) hopefully

nice 764, love the aero kit!

Thanks! :-D

Last edited:
Its gonna be good times im sure.. for now a bit of an update, i got some starting troubles (i had to hit the starter with something big and it would start again) so i decided to swap the starter from my B230F from 89 to my B230ET 86 that is in White-Rice.. wow what a difference in a few years thats gonna take a few KG off just like that! small detail car still wont start, I'm now charging the battery again too see if that might help

Here's a pic of the 2 starters:
img0446xk9.jpg

[/IMG]

The one That came on my AQ151C is tiny. It should be on the right of the picture as a third option.

Rob

I got the starter working already as stated later in a post, i will update this though cause you are the second person to tell me this, bdw thats why i love TB just a bunch of guys helping each other out :volvo:

I got the starter working already as stated later in a post, i will update this though cause you are the second person to tell me this, bdw thats why i love TB just a bunch of guys helping each other out :volvo:

Doing my usual trick of not reading through the threads properly and then posting a reply..
Reads first post...Blaaa Blaaa Pictures Pictures..some daft replies..blaa blaa..pictures...blaa blaaa...post reply with an answer to the wrong question :)

Rob

alternator hooked up and charging good? I assume it works since i pulled it off a 80K miles car (overheated engine)... ;-)

already found a plug for the lambdasond hole? I have a few broken old ones if you need a plug... can drop it off at the post office today.

alternator hooked up and charging good? I assume it works since i pulled it off a 80K miles car (overheated engine)... ;-)

already found a plug for the lambdasond hole? I have a few broken old ones if you need a plug... can drop it off at the post office today.

Yes the alternator is working fine, also a new belt does wonders, no headlights going out when the bass kicks in :lol:

And my dad picked up a drain plug for another car at brezan it was like 5 euro's that fits nice.. hopefully the wideband i bought will fit in there :-D

I got my custom plates a few days ago:
img0447nb0.jpg

But why i really update my project cause of the little problem i have with my M46

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRrvw63plcA&hl=nl&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sRrvw63plcA&hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So finally i tested the second ECU i bought for my whole chipping bit. The ECU ran great on the car so i moved on with installing the chip in the ECU.
It was so much more easy then i though it would be, opened the box up flip the chip out put the new on in and back together it goes. no soldering at all!

A little less happy i was with the result though, now i must say that the car was a bit reving up and reving down in Idle (vaccum leak maybe?) but when i installed the chip it really came up.
the engine revved up and down like crazy almost dieing when idling down.. I dont know how the chipped settings are on the tuned Chips but from what i heared the motronic chips are only used for removing the boost limits of the motronic injection system.

here's a pic of the ECU in case you wanna see what that looks like:
img0565dp9.jpg

I dont know how the chipped settings are on the tuned Chips but from what i heared the motronic chips are only used for removing the boost limits of the motronic injection system.[/IMG]
It depends on who makes the chip of course...

Some manufacturers really cheat their way through it.

So finally i tested the second ECU i bought for my whole chipping bit. The ECU ran great on the car so i moved on with installing the chip in the ECU.
It was so much more easy then i though it would be, opened the box up flip the chip out put the new on in and back together it goes. no soldering at all!

A little less happy i was with the result though, now i must say that the car was a bit reving up and reving down in Idle (vaccum leak maybe?) but when i installed the chip it really came up.
the engine revved up and down like crazy almost dieing when idling down.. I dont know how the chipped settings are on the tuned Chips but from what i heared the motronic chips are only used for removing the boost limits of the motronic injection system.

here's a pic of the ECU in case you wanna see what that looks like:
img0565dp9.jpg

Where did you get the chip from? What box number are you running? Is it B230 engine? Idle air valve is quite common fault in those engines, it just worns out and are usually really dirt and sticky inside. Clean it and the throttle body too. Leaky bypass is other common place to cause idle problems.

And yes, most so called chiptuners just mods airmass limiter map, even in LH chips... Motronic chip, when properly done, can give pretty nice gains in power, driveability and even mileage.

It depends on who makes the chip of course...

Some manufacturers really cheat their way through it.

Chips is from Rica, not a complete unknown tuner on volvo's but no fred chip quality i am sure :)

Where did you get the chip from? What box number are you running? Is it B230 engine? Idle air valve is quite common fault in those engines, it just worns out and are usually really dirt and sticky inside. Clean it and the throttle body too. Leaky bypass is other common place to cause idle problems.

And yes, most so called chiptuners just mods airmass limiter map, even in LH chips... Motronic chip, when properly done, can give pretty nice gains in power, driveability and even mileage.

Chip is from rica, box nr is 0 261 200 022. Engine is the B230ET from 86.

Idle air valve had been cleaned and checked less then a year ago (by putting 12V on it and it made the CLICK noise) so could check all the air tubing again soon i suspect a leak before clogged up lines to be honest

Chips is from Rica, not a complete unknown tuner on volvo's but no fred chip quality i am sure :)

Chip is from rica, box nr is 0 261 200 022. Engine is the B230ET from 86.

Idle air valve had been cleaned and checked less then a year ago (by putting 12V on it and it made the CLICK noise) so could check all the air tubing again soon i suspect a leak before clogged up lines to be honest

Then it should be good, we have here problems with motronic chips, B200ET is not common in other countries and some tuners offers B230ET chips for those, it works but economy, well its not there anymore, and it fails on emission tests too.

Even if it clicks it still might not work properly, contacts worn eventually out, I have opened quite many of those. You should also check earth contacts near the motronic unit, CIS unit earths it self there.

Back