• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 780 1986 Diesel

Time to clean out this mess, starting with the backseats cleaning. Took 2 bottles of conditioner but its sort of soft again.

f7cFI64l.jpg

R3eUCxIl.jpg

Need to remove both the front seats to get the headliner out but none of the switches worked, i tried powering the motors them self and the clicked but no movement in the rail. I tore the seat apart and i found the problem, the left rail was rusted shut, i had to hammer hard to get movement and access to the bolts

ZnDpNerl.jpg

glnTQzql.jpg

I needed to swap the french papers for dutch ones and plates, i got a temporally plate number. you can write it on some white cardboard and write the letter but i made a little project with it.

Took 2 old plates and painted the backside, vinyl cut letters (one in carbon i ran out of black :lol:)

YUk8or9l.jpg

0BaN82pl.jpg

Having the plates done, i needed to check the car for drive-ability and found out the radiator was done for it. I had a 940 petrol version in stock and i made it fit just so

xz2gSWfl.jpg

fzH5rTil.jpg

Having fixed that i was ready and i could get some Vpower diesel, to mix with the old stuff in the tank

rSUwYZIl.jpg

At the government check station

cnLgT01l.jpg

ck1pLrOl.jpg

Papers where all fine, waiting for the official plates now

put those meshies all around and lower it. I think some stock tail lights will go a long way to making this a lot better looking. Have you thought about turboing it?

The radio cover was amazing to find out for sure, i never saw one before.
I also have never seen another except for mine, until I've seen this. I took mine out for some reason and never got it back in, it's on the shelf somewhere. I think it never worked, how does your work? It opens with the key on ignition, or?
Yv1782752gd000167

Seems like it A d24t at the start
D24TIC, actually. Both from the VIN code "75" and the fact that D24TIC was only factory diesel in 780's, no D24T's, no D24's.

It seems like your car wa 167th Bertone ever made, considering the fact that VIN code "G" says it's 1986, which was first year of production...
Solid axle

I have two spare b234 engines here. Somebody tips me that a 16v shares the subframe of the diesel.
I thought they all had IRS's back there!?

Someone tipped you correctly, at least regarding 1986 N/A diesels, not sure about TIC's, since I never had a TIC older than 1987, and that car had the same crossmember as B230's.

Your car, having received D24 N/A, might also have -1987 diesel crossmember, which would have driver side motor mount welded in, just as B234F does.

BTW, as for your sunroof woes, I'll bet you your motor is out of sync. I think I explained procedure a couple of times and there should be a how-to somewhere on Brickboards...

Great car, even in that condition. Good luck!

Both doors and one fender had some rust damage, i found a 780 parts car in bruxel (belgium)
I picked it up and sold the empty shell for just about the price i picked it up (minus the fuel for the trip)

Good to have some spare parts of this rare car! and a complete spoiler!

o8XrdITl.jpg

XpVqDvfl.jpg

MQ15Ebxl.jpg

And off she goes to Germany where she will be used for " banger racing"
Gugr3fal.jpg

ptDmoEgl.jpg

One thing was a little sad, i got all the paperwork with the car. At one point i has been in a magazine in Germany. too bad the PO took it as far apart before i got my hands on it. I might have taken this body instead if it where more complete

rx8X0rdl.jpg

V8z1YLql.jpg

Tb5xx6Ul.jpg

put those meshies all around and lower it. I think some stock tail lights will go a long way to making this a lot better looking. Have you thought about turboing it?

I like the R 18" to be honest but lets see. I have thought about turboing it!

I also have never seen another except for mine, until I've seen this. I took mine out for some reason and never got it back in, it's on the shelf somewhere. I think it never worked, how does your work? It opens with the key on ignition, or?D24TIC, actually. Both from the VIN code "75" and the fact that D24TIC was only factory diesel in 780's, no D24T's, no D24's.

It seems like your car wa 167th Bertone ever made, considering the fact that VIN code "G" says it's 1986, which was first year of production...
I thought they all had IRS's back there!?

Someone tipped you correctly, at least regarding 1986 N/A diesels, not sure about TIC's, since I never had a TIC older than 1987, and that car had the same crossmember as B230's.

Your car, having received D24 N/A, might also have -1987 diesel crossmember, which would have driver side motor mount welded in, just as B234F does.

BTW, as for your sunroof woes, I'll bet you your motor is out of sync. I think I explained procedure a couple of times and there should be a how-to somewhere on Brickboards...

Great car, even in that condition. Good luck!

- Radio was switched with a second sunroof switch, hit that and it would open
- Nope the old 86 diesels had solid axle. same like the parts blue car had in the last post
- I will get back on the sunroof issue, i did some parting of the car i will post back later on

Nice work Borris. :cheers:

Thanks!:cool:

well look at that, just got this 945 LPT for free from my neighbor that I helped out a few times with his Volvo and Corvet.
Guess I'll go 8V after all :-)

wSdodaCl.jpg

KpmzZKgl.jpg

First off i was cutting down the 940 loom to just the injection and ignition bits. About a whole garbagebag and the stuff left on the passenger seat did about all for the inside

YP4mtBUl.jpg

BhJzd8Kl.jpg

CnXAjzkl.jpg

With the 945 running on just the loom i want i was ready 2 pull the 780 engine to start the conversion.

mWwymcfl.jpg

Ahqz3AJl.jpg

Cut out the diesel mount, pulled the engine out of the 945 , swaped over the enginemounts and trew in the B230!
Redblock + M90 everything!

gdNY7yIl.jpg

G64AJmel.jpg

Mj9cGqCl.jpg

HxakA5bl.jpg

Bye Polar

EAeUHpSl.jpg

Borris you're a monster... nice fast work. :cheers:

Everything good on that side?

Thanks, having that 945 show up did boost my agenda around this car. I like to keep my driveway clean of clunkers so that motivated me :)

Things are going well on this side, got a kid on the way and getting married in a week or so. exiting stuff.... I need to get my projects done! :lol:

Congratulations Brother. :cheers:

Thanks!

Spend a few hours in the trunk for the fuel-pump swap, i reused the old tank that i drained before. First off i changed the springs of the trunk, mine did not stayed open and the parts-car had a good set

XLk9uoVl.jpg

PGN8Hn9l.jpg

Old unit:
2Gcy6CWl.jpg

Diesel VS petrol
JI7JvVrl.jpg

945 unit in!
Mw7k1eIl.jpg

made start of the rewiring
qS7r4EGl.jpg

Spend some good time on the wiring and resoldering the needes wires so i could ditch the big connector blocks.
ALso bought some spacers for the Pegs.
After all that was sorted i fixed the fuel lines using a filter setup from a Volvo 360 and now she runs!
Next up is getting a exhaust, and clean the flame trap as the block did leak some oil but i'm pretty sure its the flame trap

OJOltVsl.jpg

slmiAH3l.jpg

OShzkS7l.jpg

6DBxi5ml.jpg

sAdXkXll.jpg

:-P:-P:-P
pPqfJpll.jpg

Back