• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k18: September 26-30

Also: I just noticed that Ironman MD is that weekend. I pretty much have to work that. Eagleman is this weekend. They are huge events, I help run bike support. It's grueling. I would actually love to miss the bigger one in the fall and hang out in the mountains. sigh.

Also: I just noticed that Ironman MD is that weekend. I pretty much have to work that. Eagleman is this weekend. They are huge events, I help run bike support. It's grueling. I would actually love to miss the bigger one in the fall and hang out in the mountains. sigh.

Come and ride Pisgah instead.

Did someone say mountain biking? I'd be up for that. I've never ridden in NC, but my wife says Pisgah and Tsali are both pretty neat.

I'm working on a few different driving routes. I'll have printed directions since Google makes it really hard to follow anything but what Gmaps thinks is the default best route.

Planning on having two longer routes plus a waterfall route.

I don't think anybody went to the Dragon last year, but if you want to go, be aware that it's a full-day trip from the lodge. Beautiful roads to get there and everything, but you're gonna have to leave before 10am and you won't be back til at least 6.

2018 Decal:

Vumlvlgl.png

Ive never been to the area, but I noticed you say restaurants are a decent while away. (45mins or so) how about gas stations? I know I dont get the best mpg and with some "fun/spirited driving" on the driving routes I would most definitely need a fill up or two while up there..

there's gas stations nearby. what, 10-12 miles or so, give or take Jarred?

Yeah, it's not too bad. If you run out of gas up here, you're a dumbass. Plus, all the gas stations are basically downhill from the lodge.

The closest station is in Balsam Grove, about 12 miles (35-45min rount trip) from the lodge. There's a cluster of stuff in Cullowhee/Tuckaseegee which is 15ish miles away and about an hour round trip.

I don't think anybody went to the Dragon last year, but if you want to go, be aware that it's a full-day trip from the lodge. Beautiful roads to get there and everything, but you're gonna have to leave before 10am and you won't be back til at least 6.

We hit up the Dragon on the way to the meet last year and it was exhausting and honestly there are better roads closer to the cabin in my opinion..

-Sam

I guess the Dragon is slightly safer for shens, since there are no houses or side streets along the length of it, but agreed. There are roads just as twisty and fun all over the place there.

Back