• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Swedish state secret

You?re looking at the ?cut and weld? transmissions the Swedish guys do, I take it?

2 problems with your plan here (and the reasons I decided not to get one shipped over for my whteblock project):

1) those transmissions were never available stateside. All BMW diesels here were autos. Have fun getting one here as they weigh a metric ****ton. Also, parts for BMW manuals are not available separately.

2) there?s a reason why they do the chop and weld rather than an adapter plate...the input shaft is not long enough to facilitate an adapter plate

And a 3) the gear ratios suck...you will need to run some very tall rear gear to make it work nicely as they have a 1:1 FIFTH gear, not fourth like most other transmissions.

The last bit is the major problem with all the manual boxes sourced from Bavarian Maggot Wagons : a pick-up truck worthy 1st gear ratio which is only "good" witha final drive in the 2.9 to 3.1 range...a 4.2 or 4.25 first is a Granny low...Like 1 car length and the motor would be revved out.

Oh Pea...ask on forum www.s?varturbo.com, somebody there probably has a old blueprint.
Numbers and dimensions don't mean anything to 99% of the people here, argument does.

I wouldn?t do a cd009 if my life depended on it. Trash gear ratios and it?s an absolutely massive and heavy transmission with a weird shifter position.

I have one in my 370z and the gear ratios are ok with the 3.41 final gear. I'm putting one in my 740 along with a 3.31 final so I'm pretty sure that the gear ratios will be spot on. Also, I'd be curious to weight a CDxxx against an AW7x. I'd bet that the CD is lighter. And I'd bet that it isn't much heavier than a Getrag 265. I carried all of these around my garage and the difference in weight between these 3 isn't all that great.

I have one in my 370z and the gear ratios are ok with the 3.41 final gear. I'm putting one in my 740 along with a 3.31 final so I'm pretty sure that the gear ratios will be spot on. Also, I'd be curious to weight a CDxxx against an AW7x. I'd bet that the CD is lighter. And I'd bet that it isn't much heavier than a Getrag 265. I carried all of these around my garage and the difference in weight between these 3 isn't all that great.

Apples to oranges in many different senses...NA high revving 300hp V6 vs not quite as high revving turbo motor...auto vs manual (the cd009 weighs 120ish lbs, btw). The 265 weighs 79 lbs. Also, you are pretty much stuck with running a 3.31 rear gear. Going to a transmission with more "normal ratios" means that I can tailor my gearing to my choice with an R154/AR5 and an 8.8 rear end.

Apples to oranges in many different senses...NA high revving 300hp V6 vs not quite as high revving turbo motor...auto vs manual (the cd009 weighs 120ish lbs, btw). The 265 weighs 79 lbs. Also, you are pretty much stuck with running a 3.31 rear gear. Going to a transmission with more "normal ratios" means that I can tailor my gearing to my choice with an R154/AR5 and an 8.8 rear end.

The CD00x is going in a B6284t swapped 740. It will rev to about the same as the 370z (7500 rpm) though the power curve will surely be different.

And what is the cost of an R154 these days? I paid $500 CAD for my JK40. Add to that the price of the DeeWork adapter and I'm still under $1000 CAD for a modern 6 speed tranny that can take the abuse.

Shifter placement in a 740 should be ok once Yoshifab will have his shifter relocator available. But for the 240 it does require more work and money to make it fit.

If you cant figure out how to draw the redblock bellhousing pattern, you arent going to be able to draw up the proper adapter plate. You obviously have no idea what GD&T is, and probably no idea how to do anything. Just buy the adapter plate.

The CD00x is going in a B6284t swapped 740. It will rev to about the same as the 370z (7500 rpm) though the power curve will surely be different.

And what is the cost of an R154 these days? I paid $500 CAD for my JK40. Add to that the price of the DeeWork adapter and I'm still under $1000 CAD for a modern 6 speed tranny that can take the abuse.

Shifter placement in a 740 should be ok once Yoshifab will have his shifter relocator available. But for the 240 it does require more work and money to make it fit.

$400 for a 40k mile AR5 from a solstice. $400 for a 1UZ to R154 adapter plate from xcessive.

Still butthurt about your rods?

No Douchey-troll..This place is all about people like you..Ever worse is the Turdboatprick Pacefook page..Keyboard tough gues and geniuses..
Why would anybody want to know what block deck height is? That's why nobody ever posted what it is for a decade of so..
Or---the very first post I ever looked at here was a "discussion" of the sort you revel in that was 7 full pages long "discussing" the Pros and Cons of Long Rod motors versus short rods motors..

7 full pages of "vigourous" pontificating
Several well known "heroes" , some "moderators" in an epic battle of words.
Not one person could be troubled enough to state the stock rod center to center for B21/23, and B200/230, or what the rod/stroke ratios actually were..

Why would they?

You don't care, you already are a hero in your own mind..

Back