• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

3 Inch exhaust: how to get it more quiet?

I had a full 3 inch system installed onto my B23ET in a 245 and asked that it be quiet. What I ended up with was two big straight through mufflers with the one in the rear being quite big. They also put a turn down tip which reduces the noise in the cabin by a fair bit. It has a quiet rumble on idle and when on the power the sound of the turbo is much louder than the exhaust. No drone and am happy with it. If I remember the guys at the shop said that putting the big muffler on the back made the biggest difference when they were trying out a few different things.

Using a turn down tip can work to reduce external noise levels and raise copious amounts of dust.

I prefer a straight tip.

A box muffler with staggered inlet and outlet is supposed to reduce/eliminate droning.

A slash angled resonated tip like one with packing in it will work to also smooth out the 3" exhaust drone. I have one muffler in the rear on my 3" system and it sounds great but loud. Adding a middle muffer and the tip would probably be deep and powerful sounding. But not loud.

Back