• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How many degrees of timing does the distributor allow on lh2.2?

So after my B cam swap and 2.25" exhaust upgrade, I noticed just a little boost in speed, as if I made barely a difference other than sound. So after looking around the engine, I noticed the distributor had a bolt on it, I loosened it and turned the dist. left, which advanced it I assume. But how much does it change timing? I turned it so the bolt moved about 3/8"-1/2" to the right of the slider. My idle immediately got smoother, but I'm wondering if it's possible to turn the dist. too far to the right or left and it messes things up. I assume Volvo made it stupid proof by having the dist. only turn a certain amount to not blow the engine up.

gtl122.jpg

Not sure if it helps, but after turning it a little bit, the idle got smoother, pushed up to around 900 rpm. It was around 600 before and the engine vibrated quite bit.

Too much advance can make it hard to start. Run premium gas, and keep your fingers crossed. I've put my motor through a lot more than that with the ham fisted turbo tuning and it still runs. Seriously check it with a timing light, I think the spec is 12? but you can probably get away with 14? with premium gas.

Yuup, I made sure everything was lined up. After the cam, my idle was around 600 with an aggressive vibration. Now with the timing advanced, my pedal feels more responsive and my idle is back to a normal 900-1000.

Back