• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Suggestions for RS wheel color options

nolift911

So I had these wheels built up for my wagon - and they looked like this all summer...

thumbnail_IMG_0091.jpg

Then I drove through the winter and they looked like this:

IMG_20190321_145729.jpg

The salt and road grime etched the aluminum:

MVIMG_20190321_145752.jpg

So then I cleaned them replaced the rusting chrome hardware (got the etching out) and they looked like this:

IMG_20190321_145809.jpg

So the issue is with the raw exposed aluminum I either need to leave brushed and clear coat, have the lips re-polished and clear coat or powder coat the lips. The inner barrels are PC matte black.

Any thoughts on a different colored lip - keep shiny and clear, or powder? Don't want to have two sets of wheels so these need to be maintenance free for the most part or impervious to salt and corrosion and I drive the car all winter.

Thanks in advance -

-Jeff

Shine Seal will make the raw lips a reasonable option, will require some care but it works as well as advertised. I drove my raw lips through salt to my storage location last winter, and they then sat for months. Lips were protected with Shine Seal and they were good-as-refinished after a quick paste polish wipe and reapplication of the S.S. I highly recommend it.

I've never met a set of colored lips I like, but that's very subjective.

White lips.

For real...? (I still need to get my tie rods ends from pointing at the sky...)

Shine Seal will make the raw lips a reasonable option, will require some care but it works as well as advertised. I drove my raw lips through salt to my storage location last winter, and they then sat for months. Lips were protected with Shine Seal and they were good-as-refinished after a quick paste polish wipe and reapplication of the S.S. I highly recommend it.

I've never met a set of colored lips I like, but that's very subjective.

I've never met a set either...except maybe for these:
IMG_7354.jpg

I need an RS wheel color configurator....:omg:

There's gold. And then everything else.

128860779.jpg

However, the best thing about a white car is almost any color is in play.

Everyone should try red wheels at least once.

93619960.jpg

why's everyone posting colored centers, op asked about coating the LIPS.

for real on the shine seal though. NOTHING looks better than a fat raw polished lip.

Back