• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brand new '81 262C Bertone Coupe . . .

I had carefully cleaned up the track slides and painted them BLACK. Think I will stick with whut cum with the car.

20160802_170941.jpg

Giant Leap Forward

I declared the interior finished this afternoon.

20151011_165012.jpg

Now I have go back with the gold pin stripe that I had removed. The original effort was with some $5 Chinese version that just did not adhere very well. The 3M in use today seems a lot better.

Got to get the side moldings back on. Every piece has 1-2-3 clips broken. They are not really replaceable in that you cannot slide them on from an end. Got some 1/16"-1/4" double backed attachment tape in route to augment what clips remain. That pretty much completes the interior and exterior but I know I will find some entertainment to fill my time.

Eurofest in Greenville is only 27 days away. Hope the engine still runs.

Last edited:
The replacement side trim clips are designed so that all you need to do is twist and lock in place. With the really cheap ones the point that enters the hole should have been a little thicker to hold better. A small dab of butyl solves that problem. The better ones go on the same way, insert in channel, twist and lock. These hold better without any butyl. With the fact that you have new paint the hole may be small enough to get tight fit with either one.

Also note the OE clips had a small flat o-ring on the body side. Similar to those hole savers for loose leaf paper but in black.
918sVCs9%2BNL._SL1500_.jpg

. . . a few days later . . . .

Been working but not much to show over several days. Thanks to NEL621 for some side trim clips got one side finished. The new clips for the wheel surround trim were difficult to install and the trim difficult to snap on.

Because I had destroyed the corner screw-on side trim clips I ordered from eBay 1/16" and 1/18" inch 3M auto attachment tape and made sure that the rear corner was firmly attached. Otherwise Nelson's twist on side molding clips seemed to work fine.

Note that even the key lock gasket is NOS. +10 points at Pebble Beach.

Looking good . . .

Yes, I didn't put the 'Bertone' and Volvo badges back on yet.

Last edited:
Small steps and looking good. Glad I could help. I'm loving the wheels. And installation is never the reverse of removal.

Pullin’ for you Tom! And hoping the dang thing runs - I’d sure spend some time on that. Looking like John will have the Ferrari there, running really good. But no interior.

At least I got something done yesterday. This is the last of the trim pieces to go on. Probably will have spent 8 hours on everything but I spend too much time thinking and too little doing. Lots of trim clips and carving the mounting tape took some time.

20181008_070249.jpg

20181008_070337.jpg

The Volvo location specs for the deck lid badges does not work for the two-toned Bertone. Used the side measurments but centered on the lower bronze to pin stripping.

0996714f-c93f-4028-aeb2-e0cfd9d82959.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. That took a lot of patience to cut it in one piece. Nice work. You only have one shot when you go to install it. Maybe a level tape line as a guide?

Tom , as I prepare to put my silver coupe back together I keep referring to your build thread. Very Helpful. I see you used SEM trim black for around the side window trim. Is this what you used on the mirrors?

Back