• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2018 - April 28-29!

We're still hammering out some details on Saturday, but I will have maps available at the start of the drive, we'll have maps for both routes up on the website, and I'll include addresses for each stop.

Hardcopy maps with turn by turn might be a good way to go. Once we lost service in the hills, everything went to hell

Well, that and quinners jacking the brakes at the last minute to make a turn and half the caravan overshot it.

Trying to get my sedan sorted out and legal and all that **** for Radwood in March so it should definitely be ready just in time to break it at Davis.

Hi benski,

Thanks for your feedback-- I'm sorry to hear you had problems finding your way around town last year!

Obviously, we want you to have a better experience this year!

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas on ways we can improve this, please let me know via PM or the Davis Contact Us Form so I can pass it along to the Davis Planning Committee for consideration:
http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org/contact-us

Last year, we posted event addresses and event / driving route Google Maps on the Davis Meet Weekend event website (on the Saturday & Sunday Details pages), in the hopes it would be mobile friendly (i.e., accessible on mobile phones during the event).

In hindsight, we should have advertised the maps more in our event communications as we learned during the event that no one downloaded the maps to their phones and many reported cell phone reception issues during the event when trying to access the maps.

This year, we are looking to convert the maps to a PDF format so you can download and/or print a copy for the event(s) in addition to posting the addresses and event / driving route Google Maps on the event details pages.

Hope that helps.

Take care,
volvie!

I appreciate your efforts toward making us better informed. I'm looking forward to another great time!

As I say every year when the dates for Davis is set:

My body is ready.

Can I get my username changed to that, btw?

I just don't feel like trying to herd cats again this year. Karting has been a headache every time we've done it. As I mentioned, you all are still welcome to do it, I can get you info on the place, I'm just not coordinating it this year.

Back