• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the bmw m50/m52/b6304 header conundrum

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Manifolds
399$
img-326-0-large.jpg

Yikes- that's one of the worst thing's I've ever seen. A 6 cylinder manifold with 4 runner. Well that is just excellent.

Better run 6 egt sensors and have an EMS with independent cylinder trims to correct the spectacular flow imbalance that thing must have- or run way under tuned, or blow your motor up would be other options I guess. Scary.
You see the "XS-Power Copyright" on that? Don't you be stealin that design, ya hear? :lol:

the thing that was a real pain when i adapted mine was that top bolt hole, the bottom can be drilled and that works nicely, but the top hole must be hogged sideways, which is manageable but still a pain.

my new header gets a volvo flange of course, but seriously for $60 and a little time with the drill those suckers bolt on.

pretty sweet, huh :)

that does not fit, neither does the other turbo header pictured above. the turbo is too close to the head (and if setup bottom mount the turbo won't fit in the engine bay as it would in the bmw) and well ... it doesn't fit, so don't bother.
to use the bmw turbo header you must use the m20 header - which is a hack approach that i used because i had little available cash or time when i was getting this thing going so i needed a quick/easy solution - is to get this one and change the flange out - i used the m50 flange at the time, doing it again i would just use a t6 flange, since they are now pretty readily available here on the furom.

here's the m20 header:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bmw-...fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ebayphotohosting

Yikes- that's one of the worst thing's I've ever seen. A 6 cylinder manifold with 4 runner. Well that is just excellent.

Better run 6 egt sensors and have an EMS with independent cylinder trims to correct the spectacular flow imbalance that thing must have- or run way under tuned, or blow your motor up would be other options I guess. Scary.

A few industrious 4 cyl bmw owners have used this mani by chopping off 1/3 of it.
2307207_75_full.jpg

Hope you guys like welding china stainless.

it's not so bad if you use the m20 header, pretty thick for a chinese header really.
mine held up just fine - well enough to build up a thick base then grind it out to match the hogged out t6 ports which took forever, i the whole time i kept thinking "why didn't i do a 4?!?!"

wow, some of those....... can't stop laughing, it's like they didn't even try

the m20 one looks better the longer you look at it and figure out what they did

as usual, that's my uneducated opinion

jason

meh, the ebay supra manifolds seem to work really well. the volvo ones are pretty much junk..

I'm gonna order some of these flanges next week in 3/8" 304 stainless. Anyone want one? My T56 adapter plate got 20% cheaper from 1 part to 5 parts, so the more the merrier

I'm gonna order some of these flanges next week in 3/8" 304 stainless. Anyone want one? My T56 adapter plate got 20% cheaper from 1 part to 5 parts, so the more the merrier

I'd be all over that but I need one asap so I'll get one water-jetted locally. However, depending on cost I might be interested in picking up a few more and putting the TIG to good use...:oogle:

It seems even BMW M3 gains a lot from the headers:
http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=193538
Maximum gain of 24.5hp and 18.5trq at the wheels from 6500rpm-8000 rpms give or take 2-3hp.

Average gain of 20hp and 13trq at the wheels all the way through the powerband.

I dont know anything about the stock manis on the M3, but I doubt they suck as much as the b6304 stock manis suck :-P
So, yes... I'm looking forward to reading tests/reviews from fred, when he is done with his N/A beast :-) N/A get's more and more tempting... I miss the N/A with nice and loud exhaust sound too... the sweet sound of six six six.

Also, someone should get a hold on one of theese:
http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=236790

Reportedly gives an EVEN GREATER gain! (they gots dynographs)

Alrighty, quote came back, 20$ ea@10. I'm ordering 10, send me a PM if you want em (that means there's only 4 sets plus the ones I'm using, so don't wait!

Back