• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

More info on the seats? Available in green?:p

Looks nice!

http://www.maxicartuning.nl/maxicartuning.nl/shop/

Nope not green just black and beige, got them here found via MP.
I was there to pick up a 360 for parts anyway 10 min from the store so i decided to check out the quality. they are not bad and 240 euro's for 2 of them.. its allot of money but they will look soooo cool and they look like they can take a punch surprisingly.

All i knew is i would NOT rock the seats that are in there right now, you gotta be stoned to sit on those.. now i see why they are hippy mobiles

thanks, yeah i really love the seats, they are pretty confy but i have no been driving in them for a while so no idea how i will like them in the long run once installed.

These showed up way sooner than i expected. All OEM parts from the other side of the world

img3682ps.jpg

242 project has been idle for a while 360 Cup needs to be done by the end of the month and helping my dad out with his 940.
Did put in the new seats and took all the stuff out, still heavy leaks in the car. tor down the strips of the windschield and found a hole, not big enough for all the water. Seems like the seal of the passengerdoor is leaking too cause the chair there got water on it, not just under it.

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

IMG_3723.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

Been really busy with the 360 Cup car to get it ready for the first race. Thats behind me now and the next 2 i wont do because of funds. That means some time to work on other projects.. real volvo's it feels good!

My dad picked up the rear axle, 2 petrolpumps and the cluster for swapping the KM gauge that way i dont need a wired km gauge and gearbox. Also received a modified manifold for the LPG. too bad it was not complete now i will need to swap everything over and buy new seals but thats not too bad i guess.

IMG_3789.JPG

IMG_3791.JPG

Cleaned off the axle and hit it with some anti-rust and paint. Does anybody know the ratio on this nr and how its gonna be with a Aw71. I know it was a manual car where the new axle came off

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

Also have been playing with the design of the car. One of my Swedish friends drew me a blueprint for my 242 so my designer can work with it. Here is the progress on that.

boris242.jpg

Picture%25201.png

Picture%25202.png

getting really exited!

You may run into an issue with the rear brake lines where the steelflex line attaches to the axle, the form of the coupling can be wrong for the hard line on the axle. The thread fits but the end of the steelflex line is like this > and the end of the hard line is like that too <. You need > to > flared. Kinda hard to explain here but on my 240 i ran into that issue, also have Goodridge lines but maybe this seller sells the correct set? Fixed it by modifying the copper tubing on the rear axle.

seems to fit

IMG_3816.JPG

Looking at the axle from the rear of the car, there should be a sticker on the axle tube on the left side. The ratio will be there. I've held a razor blade perpendicular to the axle tube and scraped the coating off the sticker that way.

What year is the axle from and what engine did the car have? Could be a 3.31 if it's from a manual trans car.

Looking at the axle from the rear of the car, there should be a sticker on the axle tube on the left side. The ratio will be there. I've held a razor blade perpendicular to the axle tube and scraped the coating off the sticker that way.

What year is the axle from and what engine did the car have? Could be a 3.31 if it's from a manual trans car.

I'll do that!
Today i got down some sanding and removing the last wiring (its hiding under the breakservo)
Now i'm not sure if i will colorcode paint it or just go with cheap and also sort of cool black

IMG_3858.JPG

Back