• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

Ah OK, I was under the mistaken impression that BB-Q had an other kit.

I'm in SE-Finland, half a mile off the Russian border.

I just need the kit, I allready have the beemer squirters.

When did Volvo start to install the higher volume pumps and is the earlier one any good with the squirters ?

To our brother in Karelia holding back the Russian bear we can send the kit.
finland__541655b.jpg

Don't know exactly when the bigger pump came. I thought it was when they use hydraulic followers. The hole in the squirter is tiny so i don't think it's pissing hundreds of liter per hour, and I know other motors using pump same if squirter or no squirter.

I'd say if you have a nice new pump maybe add a skinny washer under the spring and bump preload a bit and call it good.

Where are you exactly? maybe I know it.

Imatra.

We might have had the Finnish RR-Grand Prix (Moto GP) race here while You were hangin' in FI.

Speakin' of holding the russian bear - Simo H?yh? is from the neighbouring village and thus the local farmers do have some credit in that field ;)

Imatra.

We might have had the Finnish RR-Grand Prix (Moto GP) race here while You were hangin' in FI.

Speakin' of holding the russian bear - Simo H?yh? is from the neighbouring village and thus the local farmers do have some credit in that field ;)

Oh, Okej!
And yes I've heard of that thing called "roadracing" although I never understood the idea.
it seems a little how shall we say ":nancy:" to me.
all my involvement with moto-cylces was in this type of thing:
(Heikki Mikkola was "The Man" in the mid to late 70s)
77_95.jpg

That's in Namur, in Belgium. Mikkola winning VW title

OR later i did this:
70-hasse-kasan.jpg

Maybe you've heard of some enduro for motorcycles that goes around P?jannej?rvi 3 times in the middle of winter? And I read sometimes it gets just a little cold in Finland...
Well I used to share a garage in Sweden with a friend named Hans Eriksson, he visited Finland a couple of times
1970-04-18--19 P?j?nne Runt, Finland, Landskamp
Finland 9 p. - Sverige 13 p.

1. Hans Eriksson, AMF S?dert?lje, 82 pr.
2. P Sieranen, Finland, 94 pr. 3. R Myllys, Finland, 118 pr.
4. Lars-Erik Johansson, Tibro MK, 128 pr.
5. Rune Nilsson, MA Lerum, 138 pr. :

It was Hasse who told me i should go to Finland and that i would enjoy it because very hard competition and good guys but more important very friendly women!

Never made it to Finland but I spend some good times with a few Finnish sweeties:nod:

You want this kit?

LOL, Golden age when Kenth ?hlin was still riding and welding exhaust pipes himself - if not wondering cylinder porting with his mate late Eyvind Boyesen :)

I hear You (I used to have both 250 and 400 MX bikes the same time - too chicken for this Enduro madness )

When Mikkola's knee finally gave up for good He worked some time as the Yamaha MX factory team manager and ended up hiring one of my hometown heroes. (Jukka Sintonen, career highlight: 6th overall 500cc MX world championship series 1984 and Scandinavian 500cc MX-champ '83).

Anyhow I want the kit but I haven't taken the target engine apart yet.
I PM You once the block is empty.

The lower capacity oil pump on it has only done 32.5K miles so I'll shim up the pressure control plunger spring a bit and call it good.

LOL, Golden age when Kenth ?hlin was still riding and welding exhaust pipes himself - if not wondering cylinder porting with his mate late Eyvind Boyesen :)

I hear You (I used to have both 250 and 400 MX bikes the same time - too chicken for this Enduro madness )

When Mikkola's knee finally gave up for good He worked some time as the Yamaha MX factory team manager and ended up hiring one of my hometown heroes. (Jukka Sintonen, career highlight: 6th overall 500cc MX world championship series 1984 and Scandinavian 500cc MX-champ '83).

Anyhow I want the kit but I haven't taken the target engine apart yet.
I PM You once the block is empty.

The lower capacity oil pump on it has only done 32.5K miles so I'll shim up the pressure control plunger spring a bit and call it good.

Jepp, crazy times, and the heroes were men, not boys who don't yet need to shave!
Last few years I was in Sweden I lived in Upplands V?sby which all my friends like hasse who win P?j?nne Enduro considered '' Landsf?rr?deri'' or being a traitor to our club AMF S?dert?lje. I worked as a welder in Sollentuna and my garage+mate and boss who was in Upplands-V?sby MK got the job to make the machine to weld the bottom on Kentas beautiful shocks, they we worked teaching the boys to run the machine.. I learned an awful lot from Kenta how shocks work, shims and gas pressure, and about how to think about springs-----even if he didn't mean to help. He was a very smart guy but had little patience for guys learning. He did help me when I started winter 75 disassembling Bilsteins to salvage broken ones----he gave me a hand ful of the small Schr?der valve in the bottom so we could recharge the Bilsteins once we rebuilt or revalved them.
Long distance in the deep woods was always my first love on bikes and I say I only did the moto-cross because I knew if I gave it enough work, I could get paid, but it was both knees getting pounded and torn up, and the sheer work of racing in 5-6 events per month all over France and Suisse and living in a van from march to October that wore me out..

By comparison driving rally cars down some nice smooth roads at 160 km-hr is just a pleasant hobby for old guys!!! You get to sit down the whole time and you don't get rained on-----or cold!

I can use it in Oregon with a set of squirters for a B21ft. Please PM me with details and I will get the $ to you.

I can use it in Oregon with a set of squirters for a B21ft. Please PM me with details and I will get the $ to you.

Where ya at in Oregon?
Portland~~~~ish? maybe hook up with Mark above....easier than me going to the post office 2 separate times. I'm back on full time babysit and then doing machine shop and other stuff till late. Post office trips are supposed to be 'full'.

Squirters are here.

Read first page for paypal details.
$75 deposit for kit refunded when kit comes back.

Put a colorado trip on the queue...

Hey John,
My block should be back from the machine shop in the next couple days. Can I get the kit in Colorado soon?

Yeah unless "strummin" gets hold of you pretty quick.

Oh by the way, you sent $75 for the deposit, I think you should send $84 for the squirters and $15.75 for the UPS and insurance. Should have sent it Priority Mail but was at UPS so off it went.

I am having trouble sourcing pistons so my block is still with the machine shop. I will try again at a later time.

OK, kits packed up and ready to go. Only makes sense to do it as a circuit so it looks like "qwkswede" Ken in Colorado, then Bruno in Italia, the Bruno should send it to Teppo Uotinen on the Finland/Russian border.

Ken I will put a slip inside with Bruno's address and Teppo's address. You tape the Italian addy on the outside and leave the second one inside.

Bruno, you get Teppo's address out and tape that to the package and send it onward.

There will be a customs declaration to fill out. Write or check of "Commercial sample" and value ZERO.
For "if undeliverable" list my address--just Google JVAB

Teppo, you fill out "Return Goods" and ZERO value.

All of you guys: this should take 30 minutes, not 3 weeks, so it should go quickly on to the next guy...please.

kiitos
Grazie
tack

OK, kits packed up and ready to go. Only makes sense to do it as a circuit so it looks like "qwkswede" Ken in Colorado, then Bruno in Italia, the Bruno should send it to Teppo Uotinen on the Finland/Russian border.

Ken I will put a slip inside with Bruno's address and Teppo's address. You tape the Italian addy on the outside and leave the second one inside.

Bruno, you get Teppo's address out and tape that to the package and send it onward.

There will be a customs declaration to fill out. Write or check of "Commercial sample" and value ZERO.

All of you guys: this should take 30 minutes, not 3 weeks, so it should go quickly on to the next guy...please.

kiitos
Grazie
tack

OK!

I'm Ready! :)

Ciao!

kiitos
Grazie
tack

Roger that.

As a sidenote to John.
Did You notice back in the day that Eric "The Kid" Geboer's mechanic Jukka "Jana" Penttil? was the kid brother of Heikkil?'s spanner guy Heikki Penttil?.
Thus first double and triple class MX world champions were powered by a lot of Finnish cursing from the paddock tent :)
Sylvain Geboers had been gossiping with both Heikkis and noted that His kid brother Eric isn't half bad at riding but He needs a decent mechanic.
The rest is pretty much history. (Okay, ancient history to kids nowadays.)

Back