• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Yeah, my very short list is either a used Miller 180 or a new Hobart 180, 220v of course, which is running around $700 from tractor supply. 220v is much nicer than the 110v rigs like yours, so if you can imagine even nicer welds than yours pulls off...

Is that still the steel we tossed on the roof of my wagon back when you had the 242 shell you were going to build the rotis for?

I actually used that years ago to build my rack system for the spray booth.
132700608.jpg

132700607.jpg

Managed to get some work done today. First thing I wanted to do was get the rear end out of the car since the casters are a little under rated for that much weight.

152085538.jpg

The car started like this but it's so damn hot I really didn't want to work in the sun the entire time. This is why I'm so grateful for this cart I made, I spun it completely around in my garage!
152114657.jpg

Huzzah! So freaking awesome, I should have done this years ago
152114656.jpg

Started getting the interior out so I could free up the parking brake cables (easier to undo them in the car then at the axle).

I don't know WTF these people were doing but I swear to god they were raising wolves or something. The interior was freaking full of gross coarse fur/hair everywhere. ugh
152114658.jpg

152114659.jpg

axle and rear bumper out, gas tank mostly drained.
152114661.jpg

Pulled everything that doesn't fish thru the firewall under the hood.
152114663.jpg

dash out
152114660.jpg

and spun back around to work on the front half of the car (oh, and to be under the AC in my garage hehehe)

So not much but it's coming apart. Nice thing is, since I know I'm wiring the car from scratch that I don't have to be to worried about saving wire runs, only the ends/connectors.

That's all for now. I might not get much more done this weekend but it's coming right along.

Thanks guys!

Nice cart for the car.....looking forward to this build, you don't take any shortcuts!

Trying not too. One of the upsides of having such limited cash flow is I can't just plow right to getting it running so I can take my time to do it the way I want. Plus, I'm REALLY looking forward to having a completely spotless chassis to start working with. LOL

Thanks guys!

Trying not too. One of the upsides of having such limited cash flow is I can't just plow right to getting it running so I can take my time to do it the way I want. Plus, I'm REALLY looking forward to having a completely spotless chassis to start working with. LOL

That is/was my problem....my chassis is a POS, but cannot convince the powers that be of that!

Oh well....

Get the car registered and in your name before taking it apart?

looks like a fancier version of what I did

WPflqjQ.jpg

Definitely came in handy. Working with a fresh painted spotless underbody has been a real treat, you will enjoy it!

I almost did it that way but figured I'd catch to my flack from the tbricks crowd if I built it from 2x4s LOL

hey hey hey, those are 4x4's! Spared no expense :lol: I only used it for a weekend to get the suspension donor car onto the lift then knocked it apart and put it out back.

Getting a little bit done here and there.

152180319.jpg

It's amazing for how much **** you have to remove to get that heaterbox out then it's only like 6 bolts and it falls out.
152180321.jpg

pluggin away :D Engine bay is down to the rack, sway bar and brake/fuel lines from under the car.

Best thing I've ever done. When I had the extra space t the shop it wasn't a big deal if the car sat in one place on jack stands for a year* but in my "two car garage" it's a big deal.

*or 3 years :lol:

In the same situation now with the new house, I need one of those carts!

Back