• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 ATE calipers on 740

jvluntzel

Hi all!

Does anyone know if this is doable? The 740 parts are getting harder to find and having a newer option would be nice.

I just want to know if the 850 ATE calipers will bolt onto a 740?

850 caliper (part # 19-1702/3/8/9):

191702-bac.jpg

740 caliper )part # 19-1108/9/12/13):

191108-bac.jpg

It appears to me that the bolt holes are not the same distance apart.

Its just a picture. No reference on how far away it was taken. If anyone was actual dimensions that would be great

Sure are a lot of calipers available on Rockauto.

:nod:

The junkyards, Eeuro, FCP scrotum, IPD, all the usual suspects have them I don't see a problem.

Thats all fine and dandy but having options is a good thing? right? :roll:

Up front the 850 calipers fit with longer bolts and a small spacer. Easy way to get bigger 305mm brakes

I have installed 850 front callipers and 305 mm rotors on my old 1986 740 turbo. You will need 850 brake calliper brackets, a spacer plate and longer bolts in the front.

I have installed 850 front callipers and 305 mm rotors on my old 1986 740 turbo. You will need 850 brake calliper brackets, a spacer plate and longer bolts in the front.

There is a quite detailed thread in this section, explaining the 850 caliper (same piston diameter as the 9 series) and the 302/305 rotor conversion for the 7/9. Not quite a 4 pot Wilwood upgrade with big rotors.... but an upgrade none the less. You do need a custom abutment bracket to make this work..... mine came from Skandix.DE

If the OP just wants to repair, certainly there are parts in the supply chain.

There is a quite detailed thread in this section, explaining the 850 caliper (same piston diameter as the 9 series) and the 302/305 rotor conversion for the 7/9. Not quite a 4 pot Wilwood upgrade with big rotors.... but an upgrade none the less. You do need a custom abutment bracket to make this work..... mine came from Skandix.DE

If the OP just wants to repair, certainly there are parts in the supply chain.

Im all for upgrades over just repairs too (the while im in there rabbithole)

850/x70I FWD rear calipers are a direct fit for a 740/940.

PERFECT! thanks!

Back