• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NOS Adjustable Camshaft Gear Identification

Pierre

Here is a B21/B23/B230 new-old-stock gear.
The gear's light-colored, graduated face is made of brushed 3/16'' thick aluminum.
The dark portion of the gear appears to be a modified, stock redblock steel gear.
There is no brand-name anywhere on it.
Can anyone identify who made this adjustable gear and who, around 20 years ago, sold it?
Thanks in advance.

Vd9a6Eb.jpg

DoCJng4.jpg

Last edited:
I had one, and now Paul Buck has it.
It worked really well, but the screws were a little beat. They're a standard size if I remember correctly, and easily replaced.

Did that gear work well and was it made by iPd themselves? Thanks.

Not sure if they made it or just sold it, but I remember it eventually got replaced by a prettier one like you see nowadays. Worked as well as any other.
Dave

That's the IPD gear alright. I have one on my 82 turbo right now. It is on the 405 head that I got from Pierre. Good to see you on the board! I have about 55k miles on that 405 head and it's been great.

In the old days I use to use a off set bushing. We talked the new owner of our dealership into buying a chassis dyno. He also let me have a demo. I just had to pay the interest on the floor plan. Many off the clock hours were spent playing. The bushing wasn’t very accurate on how many degrees it moved. Volvo district service manager was impressed on how good the car ran. This resulted in a very stern phone call from Volvo not to do this sort of “tuning “anymore.

Back