• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Brain fart...it was .015". Probably a wee bit too toit still eh?

Yeah... but

what kind of excitment would you have in your life if you did things yourself and did them corrrectly? Portland is so mellow..

No drama, no dramatic failures when those rings butt hard against eachother...

Me I like reading, so I do the ring filing so I don't get called away in the middle of a good book..

Yeah. Machinist did it. I'm guessing his call was because the pistons are loose

I'll do them to .025 if I find ring spreaders and a file.

I need to make a few more bad decisions first

Have you ridden in a LS swapped volvo 240 yet?

Fixed speedo drive in trans, put it back together. Sold Avalanche modded fork and Mustang T/O bearing in favor of a yoshifab bearing and stock M90 fork.

As for engine deets, filed top rings to .019" using the Greenbook guide. Did not observe ring gap change top to bottom, so that's good.

Crandandall came over to watch over my shoulder as assembly went on and taught me a few things about how the thing should go together. Big thanks to him for spending his entire Sunday evening in my messy garage.

Also shoutout for Eric Mollerstuen for lending me his ring sizing and installation tools, and for being an endless source of insight and advice.

More comments on slideshow below. peeling masking tape is the best, btw.

I had some trouble making this early B21 pan fit in the B230. I don't feel entire comfortable with it now as two of the baffle spot welds came loose. Looking into drilling and tapping the block for a stock return with an untouched oil pan.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/U6yY8"><a href="//imgur.com/U6yY8">B230F/T 90% complete</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's a B230FT now

Oqn8TXMh.jpg

DtkyJGVh.jpg

Jaysus. How does one not feel the damn thing not cutting anymore, jamming, and warping before it snaps?

Back