• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Exhaust question

ODDmanout

Good Afternoon Volvo Nuts,

I have a 86 740 non-turbo 4 cyl. The exhaust is falling off the car. I do have a turbo system that is in great shape. I am sure you know where i am going with this by now. Will the head pipe flange (from regular 4 cyl) match up to the flange at the cat (turbo)?

Thank you for your time!!

They don't match up. they can be adapted. If you have a willing exhaust shop it's quite easy for them to match up the pipes with an adapter piece.
N/A exhaust is 2" the turbo exhauts is 2.25".

Good Afternoon Volvo Nuts,

I have a 86 740 non-turbo 4 cyl. The exhaust is falling off the car. I do have a turbo system that is in great shape. I am sure you know where i am going with this by now. Will the head pipe flange (from regular 4 cyl) match up to the flange at the cat (turbo)?

Thank you for your time!!

I had same situation, installed a turbo exhaust on my N/A 740 by taking the down pipe from the turbo cutting the down pipe to match the part cut off the 740 n/a down pipe welded & all matched up just fine. Simple mod that works very well also installed turbo after market muffler & no center muffler. This was done along with installing a turbo cam & 4:10 rear end, good mileage & performance.

Back