• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

which intercooler upgrade is better?

the do88 is known for two good things (that I have read)

1. its a perfect drop in

and

2. its super fat (from the photos, its almost more than double the stock intercooler)

question:

does anyone know if these are the facts for the KLracing brand?

because if they are (perfect drop in and fat as hell) --- ill go for the KLracing because it is less than half the price.

thanks,
andrew

the do88 is known for two good things (that I have read)

1. its a perfect drop in

and

2. its super fat (from the photos, its almost more than double the stock intercooler)

question:

does anyone know if these are the facts for the KLracing brand?

because if they are (perfect drop in and fat as hell) --- ill go for the KLracing because it is less than half the price.

thanks,
andrew

Go direct......to where the intercooler was made..A-L-I.....

All the intercoolers come from the same place. The retail shops do have to mark them up. Go with the KL racing one as it drops in and less expensive.

All the intercoolers come from the same place. The retail shops do have to mark them up. Go with the KL racing one as it drops in and less expensive.

That?s great they?re made in the same place. That doesn?t mean the build quality is the same, the dimensions are the same or the core is the same.

They are not the same.

23 row
03553_1.jpg

22 row
lg_ad60e26c-dcb5-4b5f-b27b-d1450a45d4fc.jpg

Different mounting tabs, the do88 stuff I've seen have all had do88 cast in the end tanks as well, those end tanks between the two pics are slightly different as well, plus the different row count Ian mentioned. Sounds like different units to me.

Either should be fine, both far better than the stock stuff, but personally, I really do like my do88.

Now to go clean up the crapshow above, keep this on track. Both of you, knock it off. We all know you like to piss in each others cheerios, do it in OT, not here.

I can only speak for the KL Racing cooler in a 240, but it was a pretty painless install (Made a new upper bracket with flat steel and the old rubber piece) and I gained a pound of boost on the gauge. I'm happy with it. You could get the same results for less with an eBay cooler but install will be a lot harder.

Back