• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

o2 sensor selection

Some say NTK some say Bosch, I guess both sides have seen bad sensors. Maybe I go with a NTK, if I find a bosch one cheaper maybe I go with that. I guess I should test, but I'm thinking I might not see the problem in park revving, since I only notice it while cruising. But, I guess it wont hurt.

might as well buy both:lol:

if you go the crimp on route to save a few dollars make sure to do a good job and seal up the exposed wire or metal

FWIW, Mine are exposed wires held together with wire nuts. Reasoning was "this is temporary because I'm redoing my exhaust soon", you know how that goes:roll:

Still works flawlessly though.

I don't give a **** how you hacked your O2 in?
it's your bag
to each his own
or is that shim's own for all the canadians?

it's your bag
to each his own

Buddy I don?t know what crawled up your ass today, but I?d probably tone it down if I was you. Being a dick in the public forums is an easy way to get banned.

Buddy I don?t know what crawled up your ass today, but I?d probably tone it down if I was you. Being a dick in the public forums is an easy way to get banned.

don't know how I'm a dick
don't know what your prob is or why you're explaining **** to me
I never gave you any grief for anything
chill Buddy

don't know what your problem is
I have never seen a bad brand name sensor only bad reasons for installing
aka wild ass guessing
if you go the crimp on route to save a few dollars make sure to do a good job and seal up the exposed wire or metal
and you are correct unless you have a very good scope testing O2s with multi-meters or the little piss ant testers is a waste of time
they will only show you a failed sensor not one with a tune issue
I'd support the South Carolina economy and use a factory fit Bosch

it's your bag
to each his own

don't know how I'm a dick
don't know what your prob is or why you're explaining **** to me
I never gave you any grief for anything
chill Buddy

You’re coming off hostile. You’ve been here for a month or less, unless you wanna end up like me, stop being that way.

Last edited:
Way too tight from what I remember. I usually torque them to around 20-22. Tight enough that you probably can get it removed when needed. Something like spark plug tight. The factory torque is something like 40lbft and that means it's going to be that much harder to remove it if necessary.

Way too tight from what I remember. I usually torque them to around 20-22. Tight enough that you probably can get it removed when needed. Something like spark plug tight. The factory torque is something like 40lbft and that means it's going to be that much harder to remove it if necessary.

I got a universal 3 wire NTK for $8 and it came with antisieze on the threads, so would around 25lb-ft be fine?

Back