• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 244 LH3.1 electrical issue, Ignition Switch?

92White240

So, I've got an odd issue, when the key is in the 2nd position, some dash lights don't come on, and a couple are dim. The car cranks and starts fine, but it seems to maybe be idling a bit rough, although it's got a cam, it might be a placebo. Windows take longer to roll up, but lights still work. Checked the battery, it's good. I'm thinking Ignition switch? Or maybe some module under the dash? Any input appreciated

are you sure the battery / exciter circuit is working? Alternator brushes too worn? Voltage fluctuations in 240s are pretty noticeable with symptoms you describe. But the car will still drive "perfectly fine"

I am having a similar issue, where my dash lights do not work in key position 2 before the engine is started. Haven't figured it out yet.

are you sure the battery / exciter circuit is working? Alternator brushes too worn? Voltage fluctuations in 240s are pretty noticeable with symptoms you describe. But the car will still drive "perfectly fine"

I am having a similar issue, where my dash lights do not work in key position 2 before the engine is started. Haven't figured it out yet.

We hooked up a battery charger and it "Completed Charge" in about 15 mins, so it's good, also it cranks just as fast as normal. We did used a multimeter to test the alternator and it's good

The dash light not working is many times the exciter/charge light not working. For a basic check of the ignition switch. Turn it on to the position 2 for the light test. If the lights are not functioning then grab the key and ever so gently move it side to side. Do this without actually changing the position in the switch. If the lights come on and work after doing that. There is some wear in the ignition switch. It will probably work for awhile but eventually it'll fail.

I don't think all of the dash lights are supposed to come on such as the high beam, bulb failure, service, and check engine light. Also, the important lights are definitely brighter than the others and I believe this is intentional. My windows also roll up very slowly. Especially if you're trying to roll up all four at once. My engine also idles a bit rough, but I also have some vacuum leaks.

I don't think all of the dash lights are supposed to come on such as the high beam, bulb failure, service, and check engine light. Also, the important lights are definitely brighter than the others and I believe this is intentional. My windows also roll up very slowly. Especially if you're trying to roll up all four at once. My engine also idles a bit rough, but I also have some vacuum leaks.
I know the problems listed sound like just old car things, but these are all new, and changed within 5 minutes. Something broke

Back