• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

4ZRZ69Ol.jpg

Okay... Nothing huge, got the downpipes finished up. Ordered two weld-on stainless 6an bungs for the sending unit, hoping they'll work. I was planning on using the compression fittings but heard bad reviews. I'm either going to have a friend TIG them on or braze them.

Next step, getting the battery and wiring in place

Good news and bad news. Good news: I just accepted a position with the City of Vancouver, WA! Just north of Portland, the Volvo mecca of the USA.

Bad news: The 242 is gonna be on hold for a few months while I move and get settled in. I'm gonna attempt to get it started before Dec. 31st, but it'll likely be moved to my grandpas barn temporarily. Fingers crossed I can find a place in Vancouver that has a garage, or rent a shop space somewhere... For now, the 740 will be coming with so I have a project to tinker with

Well its been almost a year since I've posted in here, and its been quite a crazy year. Luckily COVID didn't derail my new job in the Portland area, but its made it difficult to get back to Walla Walla to work on the 242. My lease is up at my shop at the end of October, so I will be bringing it out this way then.

Since 12/10/2019 I've:

Sold my truck:
9GokLALl.jpg

Sold my 744 (STUPID STUPID STUPID):
4gO82jTl.jpg

Bought and sold a 2016 STI:
vnDe0BDl.jpg

Bought and sold a 1977 Chevy G20:
wex7Gj5l.jpg

Bought and traded this one owner 245:
iZzrL0Rl.jpg

And am now daily driving this 1980 242:
9J9t7XUl.jpg

Wonder why my projects don't get finished? Anyway, I've gathered some parts for my 242 and am having some buddies finish up some small bits on it before I bring it out here, since I only have my apartment to work on stuff.

TLDR; I'm stupid

I would have kept the van. Those are super cool.

c9LSaKRl.jpg

I can admit that it was the coolest vehicle I've ever owned. 1977 G20, 400 small block, TH400, 12-bolt. AC worked, interior was mint (and period correct) and it cruised beautifully. Put about 3k miles on it this summer.

That being said, it got 11mpg consistently and wasn't easy to park at my apartment. I sold it to this couple for a nice little profit, they are starting a mobile skate shop out of the back of it.

G08lJH2l.jpg

Appreciate it! Like I said, coolest vehicle I've ever owned. I got a ton of compliments. I'm on the lookout for a G10 shorty with a 4.3, as a blank slate. But thats down the road

We've had a moto van of some sort in the family for a while. My favorite was the '77 Dodge Tradesman with a big block, chrome side pipes, and a posi rear end. You could sneak up to 16mpg on the freeway with the 2bbl carb.

The mid-90s 3/4 ton dodge we have now is way better in every way except looks and burnouts.

We've had a moto van of some sort in the family for a while. My favorite was the '77 Dodge Tradesman with a big block, chrome side pipes, and a posi rear end. You could sneak up to 16mpg on the freeway with the 2bbl carb.

The mid-90s 3/4 ton dodge we have now is way better in every way except looks and burnouts.

The tradesman sounds like a cool boogie van, I can't even imagine 16mpg.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z4qEUVcjwjk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First start

first start

Nice going !!!!
I remember the first start after the swap!!! best feeling ever !!!
Hope uyou get to enjoy the car before winter hits here
Take care
DZ:oogle:

242 meet in Portland when?

Nice going !!!!
I remember the first start after the swap!!! best feeling ever !!!
Hope uyou get to enjoy the car before winter hits here
Take care
DZ:oogle:

It still has a ways to go before its enjoyable. I was an idiot and pulled the HVAC and factory in-car wiring, so I'll need to figure that out. Plus suspension, and cleaning it up after a 2-year hibernation

Back