• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240T M90 swap

stonie

i can find a lot of adaptors to extend the 240 driveshaft because of the shorter gearbox

because of heavy selfmade parts and extra bolts etc i would prefere to go on a 940 driveshaft, is this possible? can i just change the piece between gearbox and middlebearing?

Which 940 shaft though? The stock m90 940 one or the stock m47 940 one or the stock m46 940 one or the stock AW71 940 one? They are all different lengths so unless you say which one we won't know which one to 45mm it.

Obviously, the stock m90 from a 940 to match the m90 flange. I took from a 940: b230fk engine+m90+ shaft+ crossmember to put them in my 245.

Just the front section of the m90 940 drive line or the whole thing? Also turbo 740's with m46 and most m47 cars have the same guibo flange as the m90 so those front sections of drive lines will also work if you get them lengthened to the correct length for a 240 with m90. Also every manual BMW has same drive line m90 type flange if you need just that to modify your driveline for m90. I'm thinking about putting an m90 in my 242 also.

i just used the front section enlarged. Its a great upgrade, i?d reccomend you to do it

mab5oo.jpg

Back