• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 swap with Deeworks plate issue

I know you can mount the trans to the plate, as you're doing, without having to do the whole trans/bellhousing as an assembly.

One red flag for me...have you actually measured the input shaft length? I see a casting date on the case of '03, which would mean either someone lied about the box being from a fox body, they swapped the shaft out, or the case has been replaced. The difference is only 5/8" I believe, but that's about what you're looking at, with a little give or take on the nose of the input shaft.

It is the correct length. I bought it rebuilt from a Jeff at Elite Performance in Sherwood, Oregon. All the interals are new, that's just the case he was using for the rebuild. I did message him and he said the input shaft is from a V-8 spec fox body T5.
The gap in the most recent picture is exactly the gap of the thickness of the second level on the bearing retainer if that makes sense. When I had everything out of the car I still couldn't mount the bell+plate to the trans, which is why I made this thread because I thought it was odd. I'm having that exact same scenario, but now the trans is in the car. Only trans+plate then connect the bell was everything flush. Are you saying I should be able to do it either way? I feel like that would totally make sense, still not sure what is holding it back. Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited:
The HF jack is great, I need to lube up the threads though it's kind of sticky.
on the blue car I put the whole trans in after making sure the clutch was centered up. HF atv jack makes for a decent transmission jack if you're working with jackstands and such (which I was). some wiggling and shaking and an occasional spin on the crankshaft is all really took to put in.

I know I tried to install the trans separate from the BH and I ran into the same issue. I found it difficult to seat the adapter plate to the BH in the car (Keep in mind I have a hoist and a trans jack!).

I ended up installing it as one whole unit. Not easy but I would argue easier then an M46 was. I had a short throw shifter on mine which made it a little trickier but you will need to hook it in to clear the starter section of the BH.

Best of luck.

You should be able to mount the plate to BH, throw it in the car, then trans into it without issue. Myself and several I know have done exactly that, with the same kit.

Probably not it, but is there any chance the hardware holding the bearing retainer is binding against something?

You should be able to mount the plate to BH, throw it in the car, then trans into it without issue. Myself and several I know have done exactly that, with the same kit.

Probably not it, but is there any chance the hardware holding the bearing retainer is binding against something?

Same here, done this four times and never had this issue. Only difference is I'm not running the Deeworks bearing retainer. I did use all the hardware with the kit though and had no clearance issues.

I got it in. I had to remove the bellhousing bolts then wiggle it onto the trans but it went on no problem. I guess it's just a snug fit. Thanks, everyone for helping me out. So excited for the T5 turbobrick.

Yoshifab T5 Mount Doesn't fit

Are there different lengths between the bolt holes for different years of the T5? Anyone else had this issue? I think I could drill and tap in new threads but I'd rather not have to. Before I buy another mount I just want to know that it will fit. Thanks
IMG-1817.jpg

My mount and tail shaft housing has 5.5” centre distance between the mounting holes. What is the distance between the holes on your tail shaft housing?

Are there different lengths between the bolt holes for different years of the T5? Anyone else had this issue? I think I could drill and tap in new threads but I'd rather not have to. Before I buy another mount I just want to know that it will fit. Thanks
IMG-1817.jpg

The piece you?re holding looks like the right spacing for the crossmember side of the mount.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-4-1104r

Back