• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

STS vs Yoshifab Stage II clutch

pinguin

Queen Bitch of MWC Thread
Anybody used both? Clutch and driveshaft are the last pieces needed for my T5 swap, and I'm trying to decide between the two. I'm using the STS flat flywheel.
8V +T with 15G - for now

Also open to other options if there's a better way to go. (other than the yoshi full kit, because this is still TB, and that thing is $$$$$$)

I'd recommend something with an upgraded organic disc and a higher clamp pressure plate, and stay away from Kevlar as I haven't had good luck with it... it's very finicky about break-in.

Depending on the dowel pin orientation, you might be able to use a Saab Viggen 215/228 pressure plate and a 9" clutch disc (vs the 8-1/2")

I'd recommend something with an upgraded organic disc and a higher clamp pressure plate, and stay away from Kevlar as I haven't had good luck with it... it's very finicky about break-in.

Depending on the dowel pin orientation, you might be able to use a Saab Viggen 215/228 pressure plate and a 9" clutch disc (vs the 8-1/2")

Are there measurements I can take at home to see if I'm able to go that route?

If the dowel pin is directly in the center of the pressure plate bolt holes, you can.
You also need to shim the PP ~ 1.2mm with some washers, it's pretty darn easy to do. I think I used some 5/16" SAE or AN washers, and they were perfect.

I'll try and find a thread for you on it.

Last edited:
I have a Yoshi Stage 2 and STS flat on my t5 swap b230ft. Clutch feels basically like stock although the lighter flywheel is noticeable. I've only driven the car about 100 miles so I'm still breaking it in, but it feels fine.

Be prepared to wait 3 months and take a 50% chance of your order not being right when you purchase from Yoshifab lmao. My order still ain't right after 2 months

Be prepared to wait 3 months and take a 50% chance of your order not being right when you purchase from Yoshifab lmao. My order still ain't right after 2 months

Par for the course for made to order parts during a pandemic. Learn to be patient and plan ahead.

Don?t his clutches ship direct from the manufacturer?

Yeah they drop ship.

Par for the course for made to order parts during a pandemic. Learn to be patient and plan ahead.

Yeah they drop ship.

I'm being more than patient, I received the wrong Throwout bearing and getting the right one sent to me shouldn't be a tug of war of emails to even get a solid answer of when I can expect the right one

Don’t his clutches ship direct from the manufacturer?

If he's drop shipping from south bend, it's their problem not yoshifab's. I bought direct from them and it took 3 tries to get the right clutch disk, but I'm using their 8.25" with a John V flywheel. It's their 330ft.lb. clutch, it's a hybrid disk , ceramic pucks on the flywheel side and organic on the pressure plate side with a Sachs pressure plate. It's streetable but might be a bit much for a daily. I try not to slip it too much to save wear on the flywheel. It's holding 25psi in 3rd gear on my T5 but I also have a 4.10 rear.

Last edited:
Josh has also been moving his shop and I imagine that all but halted operations for at least some period of time. I will say that I've found that if you can catch a busy shop on the phone it usually goes much better than the e-mail ping pong.

Josh has also been moving his shop and I imagine that all but halted operations for at least some period of time. I will say that I've found that if you can catch a busy shop on the phone it usually goes much better than the e-mail ping pong.

I'm over it at this point. Every single item I've ordered from that place in the past has been wrong or doesn't fit correctly. Gonna pray that this clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing actually fit, whenever I get it.

I'm over it at this point. Every single item I've ordered from that place in the past has been wrong or doesn't fit correctly. Gonna pray that this clutch, flywheel and throwout bearing actually fit, whenever I get it.

You must be new to Volvo aftermarket/performance parts suppliers. This is par for the course.

I’ve got the sts flywheel and stage 2 yoshifab clutch and it’s a great setup. I’ve been hammering on it for 2 years and it’s still good.

Looks like my flywheel is good for the viggen PP, so I ordered that. Anybody have experience with centerforce clutch discs? Looking at that thread, it's just a mustang SVO disc for the combo, and I can get a centerforce disc easy. Is there an advantage to going through a clutch distributor?

Looks like my flywheel is good for the viggen PP, so I ordered that. Anybody have experience with centerforce clutch discs? Looking at that thread, it's just a mustang SVO disc for the combo, and I can get a centerforce disc easy. Is there an advantage to going through a clutch distributor?

Not really unless they want to cut you a deal.
If you're using off the shelf products, Summit (or other) will usually be much cheaper than going direct.

Don't forget to shim the pressure plate and the pivot ball. It's a good setup!

Not really unless they want to cut you a deal.
If you're using off the shelf products, Summit (or other) will usually be much cheaper than going direct.

Don't forget to shim the pressure plate and the pivot ball. It's a good setup!
If I have the yoshi adjustable TO, how much does the pivot need to be shimmed if at all?

Back