• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EV turbobrick - the turbobrick way?

You said I leaf I didn't say that and well who cares if a motor is only of about .0000% importance in an EV. :oops:

HUH?

Please tell me with a statement like that why I or anyone else with their own brain should spend another second here?

I wont because that one statement shows the level of inanity this has come to.... if the blatant lies about the IC didnt already. Im gotta put that one in signature . Its a turbobricks classic.

I gotta go we can argue later about this car that never being built. You guys dont know bs when you see it. WOW.... you must not be aware of how much more is involved with using hydrogen fuel cells....who is at that that will struggle here. I'm not gonna make a fool outta myself for talkers sake you go right ahead....

You said I leaf I didn't say that and well who cares if a motor is only of about .0000% importance in an EV. :oops:

HUH?

I?m guessing you?ve never had to do systems level design or engineering.
Have you had to work with a large team to develop a single product in a collaborative work environment?

I’m guessing you’ve never had to do systems level design or engineering.
Have you had to work with a large team to develop a single product in a collaborative work environment?

would the large team make the motor any more significant than what you posted. Now you8 know its a stupid statement are you really gonna try to argue it by asking me a totally unrelated question. Man just stop. It was totally ignorant to say but you did and now its done. And of course Mercedes does no engineering collaborations.

Can I be excused now b4 this get any more ridiculous?? we produce a product that is the collaboration of 3 full shifts and about 1700 personnel per.

What will help is if u stop posting un truths and the most ridiculous things like that so I wont have to quote them. Thanks

would the large team make the motor any more significant than what you posted. Now you8 know its a stupid statement are you really gonna try to argue it by asking me a totally unrelated question. Man just stop. It was totally ignorant to say but you did and now its done. And of course Mercedes does no engineering collaborations.

Can I be excused now b4 this get any more ridiculous?? we produce a product that is the collaboration of 3 full shifts and about 1700 personnel per.

What will help is if u stop posting un truths and the most ridiculous things like that so I wont have to quote them. Thanks

You are free to leave at any time and most assuredly will not be missed in the least, other than maybe for the entertainment value of your caffeine fueled narcissistic manic diatribes.

And that's the breadth your contribution to the technical aspects here. I was speaking to the other people that actually have stake in the technical assertions here u really don't provide anything but poor comedy as that entertainment. I mean its pretty clear to me this is going nowhere and that you have absolutely nothing helpful to add here. I thought that maybe there was a few machinist here and some members up to the challenge. I misjudged the abilities here and for that I'm truly sorry. You are correct my information is not suited for here so I will shut up. They dont have any interest in expanding there skillset. Try to tech you how to wind a better motor to improve you already existing creations. You dont realize the tech is patented which means im sharing it for educational purposes. U CANT PRODUCE IT UNLESS YOU PAY DR GERLING or ABB but you can have all the fun you want with one offs and your owns personal equipment. You're noses are up in the air for know good reason as I'm trying to help YOU! These arguments are stupid. You talk about production in a DIY ev thread. There's no point talking to you are terrible students that think teaching and engineering student he can build his own drive. He will never make the big bucks in this profession if he wont take on design challenges but I know nothing so that's very well.

Hubert

Last edited:

The only thing that is ridiculous is how you pretend not to understand what culberro actually wrote above. Spend your time rereading his statement until you understand what he said so you don't keep misquoting him in an attempt to blow smoke up everybody's skirt on here. When you can actually recite what he said verbatim, and get it right, come back on here if you like.

Wow, you folks have been busy. For everyone who is contributing clear and useful information, THANK YOU! It's always great to learn new things from those who are willing to share and who can teach well.

HK - thank you for starting some interesting discussions, but I'm afraid I have a very hard time understanding your posts and deciphering what you actually know versus what you cut and paste from elsewhere. I view you recommendations on high voltage EV Inverter designs to be sorely lacking and extremely dangerous if actually attempted. For these reasons, and others, I'm hereby ignoring all yours posts. I can learn much more, and way more easily, elsewhere.

To be clear, I'm in no way shape or form an expert on EVs or on high voltage automotive power electronics, but I do know that the currents and [oops, hit the wrong button, let me finish] voltages involved are lethal, and that power transistors and batteries can be very unforgiving of the slightest mistake. If there are any of my posts where I'm claiming to be a EV or high voltage automotive power electronics expert, please point them out and I'll gladly correct them.

That being said, I do have a 4year degree from an east coast tech school, plus almost 40 years experience in a wide range of electronics and software designs. The last time I did anything with a BLDC motor was over 25 years ago (I was lead servo engineer on Exabyte's first half-height tape drive).

As far as citing and linking my sources, I always try to do that so others can learn/review on their own, but more importantly, so I can find the links myself in the future.

Last edited:
You all have a very wonderful evening.
The anger and belligerence is way too much for me...i guess like the rest of the insane people in America thats how you get your points across. America is worse than it's ever been with this culture and we are getting dumber and dumber in manufacturing because the little Chinese kids are highly versed in robotics and can build drives and inverters and your kids will obviously be buying their products. I expected more from the Netherlands... though. Im truly flabbergasted. Were gonna be the laughing stocks of the western world. U see the Volvos in Europe.....we really have nothing here but yet you are all so proud. And bob I dont care if you listen to me your post about the ic shows me you aren't capable of learning much outside what you think you already know. That doesnt hurt me it hurts you!

Hubert

Last edited:
The anger and belligerence is way too much for me...i guess like the rest of the insane people in America thats how you get your points across. America is worse than it's ever been with this culture and we are getting dumber and dumber in manufacturing because the little Chinese kids are highly versed in robotics and can build drives and inverters and your kids will obviously be buying their products. I expected more from the Netherlands... though. Im truly flabbergasted. Were gonna be the laughing stocks of the western world. U see the Volvos in Europe.....we really have nothing here but yet you are all so proud.

Hubert

Are you going to take your toys and go home? You keep saying that, yet, here you are again.

How can i leave if you keep talking to me? or about me. Why are you a mod with such a nasty deposition towards me? You dont personally know me or have ever said a single thing kind. You dont exactly set a good example calling my work that's stated as too complex for here toys.

How can i leave if you keep talking to me? or about me. Why are you a mod with such a nasty deposition towards me? You dont personally know me or have ever said a single thing kind. You dont exactly set a good example calling my work that's stated as too complex for here toys.

Have you ever thought of not hitting the "reply" button? Its a pretty simple idea to wrap your massive brain around.

But why is it you cannot help the EVers here to build a better more efficient motor? If you are the expert why cannot you simply wind a better machine? If you are at the pinnacle why is it you have no direct correspondence with the best motor and inverter creators in the world? And buy off the shelf equipment? You know the ones that design all this crap you buy off shelves. :) You better check and see who holds the patents on all these machine topologies and control algorithms. Its about 50 patents on all related tech from my colleagues where are yours? Why are your statements about the IC inaccurate and full oversite? Please explain....all this to the forum.

Dieter Gerling
Dajuku Guraquk
Sariful Islam
Konstatin Kenellis
Daoud Omara
JUST TO NAME A FEW

You look them up then you will know the accuracy of your rulers...

Because, this thread is about building a homemade junkyard bottle rocket not a NASA freaking spaceship.

According to you, I should praise you for calling nearly everyone on this thread and other threads an idiot or worse? Your ego is so out of control it is astounding. Take your toys and go home is an American saying as old as the hills. It has nothing to do with your attempted contributions in this thread. It describes a child like person throwing a tantrum. Does that ring a bell?

The anger and belligerence is way too much for me...i guess like the rest of the insane people in America thats how you get your points across. America is worse than it's ever been with this culture and we are getting dumber and dumber in manufacturing because the little Chinese kids are highly versed in robotics and can build drives and inverters and your kids will obviously be buying their products. I expected more from the Netherlands... though. Im truly flabbergasted. Were gonna be the laughing stocks of the western world. U see the Volvos in Europe.....we really have nothing here but yet you are all so proud. And bob I dont care if you listen to me your post about the ic shows me you aren't capable of learning much outside what you think you already know. That doesnt hurt me it hurts you!

Hubert

Nothing but assumptions. Do you know the saying about assumptions? You don't know a thing about Bobxyz. Neither do I. Yet, you attempt to insult him. That's pretty shallow from someone that thinks they are so intelligent. That probably isn't even his real name, Bob. My guess is "Bob" can learn very rapidly.

My son is a project engineering manager that does rapid prototyping for countless corporations. ME/EE and software design. I'm sure Chinese people are using products he was responsible for as I'm typing this. Speak for yourself.

Braking performance and feedback is a pain to tune. As well as the transition from throttle-coast-brake...

...It?s hard when you want a performance EV to behave like the ICE version in some cases, but then be full hulk mode EV power in others.
That is truly thought-provoking. Over the last 100 years we have gotten used to driving according to inherent ICE behaviors. EV has some different inherent behaviors and maybe we can do better to change our expectations/driving methods to match those behaviors and/or capabilities
Doesn't the BMW i3 implement more of a one-pedal driving experience by executing regen braking on accel pedal liftoff? And they market it as a more relaxing driving experience?

Sorry for the derail; back to the scheduled program... :)

:lol:

You got that right because when industry tell you that a reinhart @ $5,475.00 is cost effective
that should tell people the game they are playing with themselves here.....

and hasnt turbobricks been advised already that with their budget they might build a scooter but a real effort would probably need a collaboration? Slow isnt even a good enuf word to describe it.

:rofl:

$14.99 will get you a Harbor Frieght angle grinder to molest the springs on your sub $500 Volvo and that's about it.

That is truly thought-provoking. Over the last 100 years we have gotten used to driving according to inherent ICE behaviors. EV has some different inherent behaviors and maybe we can do better to change our expectations/driving methods to match those behaviors and/or capabilities
Doesn't the BMW i3 implement more of a one-pedal driving experience by executing regen braking on accel pedal liftoff? And they market it as a more relaxing driving experience?

Sorry for the derail; back to the scheduled program... :)

Negative, that is the Apple car.

Attachments

• yo-dawg-we-heard-you-like-macs-so-we-only-put-one-pedal-in-your-car.jpg
    yo-dawg-we-heard-you-like-macs-so-we-only-put-one-pedal-in-your-car.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 102
Back