• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v DCOE intake

KLR sells a few for something like $180 USD... haven't bought anything from them yet, but being in Sweden, the shipping might not be ideal.

Sufficiently TBcheap™ though.

unknown.png

https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/modellanpassat/reservdelar/200-serien/motor-21/insug-plenum-2/index.html

I've bought a bunch of stuff from KL. Shipping is slightly higher than when I order from the states. But I've ordered parts from Oregon and KL on the same day and had stuff from KL quicker.

I've started checking Swedish sites for parts more lately.

Jordan

And since we're not in the EU, they don't charge VAT when shipping to here. Drops the price from ~$176 to ~$141, which helps make up for the shipping. Copy the URL on what you're looking at, then click the Currency menu item at the top. This will send you to some default URL, so paste in the one you copied to see the new price.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from KL. Shipping is slightly higher than when I order from the states. But I've ordered parts from Oregon and KL on the same day and had stuff from KL quicker.

I've started checking Swedish sites for parts more lately.

Jordan

Nice to know on that shipping!

Now with the options that KL Racing has, there's options for a 45mm and 48mm intakes to use with 45mm and 48mm throttle bodies respectively. Going 16v turbo, is bigger better with going ITB?

Nice to know on that shipping!

Now with the options that KL Racing has, there's options for a 45mm and 48mm intakes to use with 45mm and 48mm throttle bodies respectively. Going 16v turbo, is bigger better with going ITB?

Ooh. Someone feel free to shoot down my opinion, but the difference between 45s and 48s is more apparent with carburetors. I think stock 45 DCOE carbs have 36mm choke tubes, and 48s get 41s or 42s?

With EFI, I think the difference would be negligible.

The chokes in a DCOE are simply there to encourage the fuel to flow (venturi effect), and are changeable depending on setup.

Bigger isn't always better when it comes to ITBs. Intake velocity is really important and too big can be bad. A 45mm ITB on a stock or mildly-cammed B230 would be a dog because they're too big. 45mm ITBs on a huge-cammed & heavily ported B230 would be great, because it would be able to breathe at high RPMs. I remember doing an ITB install on a B18 integra years ago, and the owner got some 45mm units...and it was HORRIBLE. It was so slow until 6000 RPM, because it was a stock head with stock cams. It got fun up top, but only for 2000 rpm :(.

Back