• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sticking an abs rear axle in non abs car

Coffee

So, like the title says, I didn't do my homework and came home from the junk yard with an axle from a 1993 240. Biggest issue I see is that there is only one brake line for the rear brakes.

Can I splice the two lines coming off my car into the single line on the rear axle, or would it be better to try to retro fit my old hard lines from my current axle to the replacement?

Or am I fully ****ed here? :oogle:

Just use your original brake lines and proportioning valves. The bigger issue is the tone ring and speed sensor. What year 240 is this axle going in?

its a 1990.
If I understand it correctly, i'm going to need to pick the relay looking device under the glove box from the yard, wire that inline and flip two wires on my dash. Are the hard lines on my existing axle supposed to swap right over? no idea what im going to do if i botch that job. Another trip to the yard i guess.

Hardlines and bracket from your old axle will swap right over. As long as you’re a bit careful extracting the lines from the old calipers (minimize bending of things) you should be fine.

its a 1990.
If I understand it correctly, i'm going to need to pick the relay looking device under the glove box from the yard, wire that inline and flip two wires on my dash. Are the hard lines on my existing axle supposed to swap right over? no idea what im going to do if i botch that job. Another trip to the yard i guess.

Exactly. You will end up with what Volvo did in 1991 when ABS was an option.

Back