home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 05-16-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
photoman327
Board Member

Default ecode corners

i built a 12 ga headlight harness for my 93 244 and it took 3 times longer than it should and i have a problem with the right daylight running not working. they are aftermarket since the Volvo ones were falling appart. left one works as it should but the right does not had the same issue before and just don't remember how i fixed it. rushing trying to go to MD in the morning. bulb out light also on in the car. i know this is simple.
photoman327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
dl242gt
300+hp on the shelf club

You have aftermarket ecode side lights or just the lenses? I've had the rivet that holds the connection not make good contact thus the light not working on the aftermarket ecodes. I took a hammer and punch and found a surface that supported the socket and gently tapped the rivet until the contact was working.

I have also had the gray connectors wired wrong for the US and had to open the connector up and change the wire locations so it matched up to the car wiring. The US lights don't use the daytime running lights unless you wire them in. The gray connectors snap open and then you can pull the contacts out.
dl242gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
photoman327
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl242gt View Post
You have aftermarket ecode side lights or just the lenses? I've had the rivet that holds the connection not make good contact thus the light not working on the aftermarket ecodes. I took a hammer and punch and found a surface that supported the socket and gently tapped the rivet until the contact was working.

I have also had the gray connectors wired wrong for the US and had to open the connector up and change the wire locations so it matched up to the car wiring. The US lights don't use the daytime running lights unless you wire them in. The gray connectors snap open and then you can pull the contacts out.
Yes aftermarket corners and Volvo head lights. Will take a close look next week when I get back. Was planning to drive tonight and wanted some good light but just winding down. Finally did the lower spring up front along with Koni yellow.
photoman327 is offline   Reply With Quote