• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

are b23 pistons compatible with a b230F?

tonybaroni

From what I've found so far..

Piston Diameters match, both based off a 96.0mm stock piston.

b23 used press fit wrist pins
b230F used full floating
I haven't found the diameter of those pins however.

Height from center of wrist pin to the top of the piston - I haven't found that either.

Anyone have that data?

Reason for this question - I'm looking for super budget NA oversized pistons for a b230F...and ran across a set of b23's in the right oversize, new in the box, for a super budget price.

Won't work on a budget.
Different compression height.
Different pin size
You can't just drop a b21/23 crank and/or rods into a b230 block, so custom rods would be needed to fit arguably less desirable pistons into your B230.

Spend a few bucks on the right pistons.

Also, B21/23 pins are not press fit. They slide right in by hand.

Thank you both!

Surprising that both the above respondents couldn't just rattle off the numbers that are the critical differences...
B20/B21/B23 compression Hgt (center of pin to piston top) 46mm

B200/B230.............39,7mm

Pin diameter B21/B23....24mm aka .945"
Pin dia B200/B230.........23mm

Full floating in both cases.....pin to bush clearence .0006-.0008"

This dimesions have been posted dozens and dozens of times, it is a bizzare thing that these numbers along with rod dimensions, rod and main journal diameteres, bearing dimesnions aren't a sticky after nearly 20 years of this site being going, but seems nobody is interested or thinks basic numbers are important...

Now, those guys ARE right..."Super budget" which means "I want to do all this stuff and not pay more that $16.88 shipped" almost always tears in the end..

It is the stingy man who pays the most....I've posted that 100 times

So tell us, what is your idea of what a super cheap budget mean...
What are you hoping to do? with the motor and with the car???

Back