• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Salty's 240 turbo, from 2.0L GL To 2.3 Turbo, start to...finish?

SaltyBig

Hi Everyone!
this is my first forum post..ever (be nice:-D)
I bourght a 1991 240 2.0L GL for 1,200 quid a year ago and fell in love with it! although it was slow and clonkey, all the get up and go of a semi retired racing snail and just enough tourque to pull the skin off a rice pudding, i just couldnt not like it! i had just moved house and found myself with a double garage, woop! this is a perfect opotunity to give this car some love, project on!
Now, this is not a "money is no object" project, not cheap but not all branded stuff either so i would like to share my problems (and soloutions) to anyone who's even slighty intersted in hope of keeping a record of what i did and what i should not have done..
so here's some pics of the rear end after axel, fuel tank and trailing arms have been removed.

s!AonFmtVDF92mgRNPd07DNy7wwXfr

s!AonFmtVDF92mgRhinVGsOVUegFnm

s!AonFmtVDF92mgSaGrmnjosHEVf8Y

s!AonFmtVDF92mgRCba4fNQquIoMO9

s!AonFmtVDF92mgSdSOr8dJc8t69I7

s!AonFmtVDF92mgQfBUVuPVE0hvMTB

Last edited:
Thankyou, happy to be here!
the plan is b230fk with I beam rods, 531 8v head (with some good exhaust porting), 1997 m90 gbox and many more strenth related mods. Im hoping for around 400bhb at the crank but i will update more on the engine mods when i get there. i have all the above mentiond parts so that will be next years (or the year after) project.
for the time being i am welding any holes i find then rust proofing with red oxide and seam sealer then a healthy coat of underseal over the top of that.
Replacing all bushing with poly bushes (courtisey of Dai Brace @ ClassicSweed.com), trailing arms painted, axel painted, both brake callipers rebuilt and painted, old steel brake pipe replaced with cupro-nickel pipe and goodrich braided hoses on the flexi. koni dampers and progressive springs (drenza i think? e-bay special) duel sway bar 21mm and 19mm (mounted rarther.. diffrently, will send pics when finished)
380lph pump (ebay special, original is in the glove box just in case...) stainless fixings on sway bars, diff caseing, exhaust mounts, 2 1/2" stainless v-band on fuel tank join, fuel tank painted and rust proofed.
20mm spacers on wheels (5x108 to 5x100) 17" toyota celica 190gt alloys fitted with new boots (would love some BBS RSs. i do have dare BBS replicas but they are shabby at best)
thats the story so far, will attach some more pics to show up to this point!
s!AonFmtVDF92mgSFESQaQ6e_Ymx0_

s!AonFmtVDF92mgQSX6IwwnM2deHHJ

s!AonFmtVDF92mgQ9GVlr3mOrWzdLK

s!AonFmtVDF92mgRnaQvTzd3_qjAsM

s!AonFmtVDF92mgRWDfZ-975I4jwnb

s!AonFmtVDF92mgR0bCwt8qR3M1mzT

Last edited:
Back