• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

tranny dipstick

90volvo

Well cause of cracked tube at the bottom of the dipstick, I had to remove the tube. I pulled another one and was able to get it in the trans pan with no problem. But it wont tighten enough to seal. Is there a oring that goes between the tube and trans pan fitting? Have brand new rb trans in cant fill trans with dp stick leaking. So, any help will be appreciated.

Well cause of cracked tube at the bottom of the dipstick, I had to remove the tube. I pulled another one and was able to get it in the trans pan with no problem. But it wont tighten enough to seal. Is there a oring that goes between the tube and trans pan fitting? Have brand new rb trans in cant fill trans with dp stick leaking. So, any help will be appreciated.

You have replies in the "wanted" section, but here's the Tasca version.

No o-ring, just a standard flared tube and nut.

Often with steel flared tubes (particularly used ones), unless you get reeeeealy lucky, the flare surfaces won't be able to re-squish to match each other, and it'll never seal properly again. :cries:
<hr>

f7ebfd2fed1110d9a149d5f2862519a5.jpg

god they suck at coming apart welded would be weaker heat from map no go foot power on tool no go big fing hammer no go next idea ?

I am about to saw the damm thing off and throw a tube part patch in there

On hard to refit flare fittings like that. I've used loctite 592 to coat the surface of the flare. Then you don't have to tighten it so tight and it seals. I also use it on the fuel filters with success.

god they suck at coming apart welded would be weaker heat from map no go foot power on tool no go big fing hammer no go next idea ?

I am about to saw the damm thing off and throw a tube part patch in there

I took a pipe cutter to mine (as far up the dipstick as I could reasonably go) in order to avoid messing with the block bracket or frozen pan connections.

Reconnected it afterwards it with reasonably oil-resistant hose and two screw clamps and have had no issues since. Make sure to get the connection and clamps on there before bolting the pan on, of course. ;)

Also be careful when re-installing the pan to avoid overtightening the bolts. The gasket can get crushed or (if you are too enthusiastic like I once was) those little bolt heads will twist clean off.

Back