• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2018 East vs West Competition.

What is the elevation difference between both tracks? That might also account for some changes.

And with slicks you need to be pulling 1.8s everypass at the very least, No excuses.

I feel like I'm behind on some points totalling. I'll get that done soon. But it's about me for a minute because I wanted to post my report from last night at Bandimere Speedway. Thunder, lightning, wind, hail rolled in about 6:30, so only got 2 passes done. And it was hot, high altitude, and dry. So excuses made. See image of the track weather report.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180606-190952.jpg
    Screenshot_20180606-190952.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20180606_194308.jpg
    IMG_20180606_194308.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20180606_182210.jpg
    IMG_20180606_182210.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 117
I just added times for t8fanning also. Man that car has some serious mph! First time I had seen that one. Good work bud. Now just get that thing to 60' and you'll be cookin!

Here is an unsolicited link to his project thread, I had to read up....

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=326370

---------------- OOPS Correction --------------
redacted times, they were from 2017. Cool car though. Make some passes for 2018, let's see it.

Last edited:
Gary! Do you have a timeslip? Trying to get the board up to date....

Gotta find the slips. 60' was down to around 2.1, last time at the track was 2.4 but cam timing made a big change there. Last time at the track here in town was 13.2 @ 102 but 2.4 60', also on straight E85, and on slicks, spinning a little even on the track. Up in PDX, on streets, 50/50 crappy 91 and E85, 60' dropped .3, MPH went up by 2, ET went up by .2. I'm guessing next run here in town, on straight E85 it may crack that 12 mark at around 105-106, in full street trim.

Yeah, it's out in the car, sitting in the driveway, while I'm at work. Hit me up tonight as a reminder, I'll get a pic of it.

I've got one to submit for Scott as well, had a run against him in the 5.3'd 245.

Please check the current board and let me know if I missed anybody. Just added sbabbs best.

@Marvelous3 - do you have a timeslip for that 16.2? OR some more details at least?

The quickest it did Friday was a 16.2 or something. That was the only run I got where the boost didn't try to overboost to 30psi or make no boost. Eventually ill make it to the track with functioning boost since last time it was having issues making boost too.

Thanks Kenny,
It is good to see some enthusiasm for drag racing the Volvos this year. We are off to a good start.

Well it's starting to look like my wife threw away all my timeslips while she was cleaning the house, but I ran a 15.1@95 in my apparently modified 2004 V70R with a 2.4 something 60'.

Did this dyno pull too:
yjGIeIW

I can't see that image for some reason but the code is there. Jesus. Well it was 258.7hp and 271.8tq

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yjGIeIW"><a href="//imgur.com/yjGIeIW"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Got you down. Image is visible to me too. Is that what a "modified" V70R makes to the tires?

Well it's starting to look like my wife threw away all my timeslips while she was cleaning the house, but I ran a 15.1@95 in my apparently modified 2004 V70R with a 2.4 something 60'.

Did this dyno pull too:
yjGIeIW

I can't see that image for some reason but the code is there. Jesus. Well it was 258.7hp and 271.8tq

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/yjGIeIW"><a href="//imgur.com/yjGIeIW"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

you can disable the awd in the P2 r's by pulling a fuse. It pops a couple messages up on the dash but otherwise doesn't freak out.

The air is getting cool and dense here lately. I don't know how other parts of the country are doing, but this is some good weather for making boost! Get out to your local track while there is still time before winter.

went 12.80 without the bottle yesterday in the s10, the PTC converter really helped the 60' out. Had plans to spray it and go 11's but it got sold yesterday

May not make another run this year, depends on if I get some tuning done before they close for the winter. Worst part, they may not open next year, track has been for sale for a bit.

when the t5 gets out of being rebuilt, I may abscond with the blue car and throw it down the track a couple times if the owner will let me.

May not make another run this year, depends on if I get some tuning done before they close for the winter. Worst part, they may not open next year, track has been for sale for a bit.

I'm in a similar boat. My local track sold and is now closed for good to become warehouses. I really wish I could have found some slicks and actually put down a decent time, but oh well. Maybe I'll just go to Vegas sometime and drop a second off my et for free.

Back