• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2018 East vs West Competition.

Cosbysweater
The car is a 1979 244, with a lq4 with 241 heads, s366 clone, and a ls1 or 6 cam( honestly I don't remember) running at about 9 ish pounds. Ls1 intake, deka80s dual walbro 450s and flex fuel. It's on a EFI source gold box and micro squirts tcu. It has a circle d single billet converter and a 8.8 out back with coilovers in all four corners. Running on 235 et street radials. Very very soft launch. New plan for the car is a bigger turbo, new turbo cam, valve springs and some 210 injectors to push it into the tens with higher boost.

Last edited:
finally took my R down the track (second of 2 passes, completely stock 2004 v70r)
167433704.jpg

Isaac ran a 15.2 in his at like 94.5mph

sam turned in an 11.3 in the 2j 240 wagon

Donnie ran.. slow... in his black 245 (I suspect he won't want me to talk about it, and it might be too slow to count anyway)
Not sure what Marvelous turned in, his car was acting up the whole time. turns out the boost controller wasn't controlling a whole lot.

other non-volvo notables for the track friday: the Doc's 991 ran a mid 10 second pass right off the street, and a touch faster on the next run (and then he was told he couldn't run it again until he got a helmet), a grudge racer wouldn't run sam's wagon despite large amounts of goading from the crowd, svt_baker's car broke (but no one else's did, that was nice).

That sounds like a hell of a weekend. I'll get you guys into the spreadsheet. Some targets for the rest of the country to chase for the rest of 2018.

finally took my R down the track (second of 2 passes, completely stock 2004 v70r)
167433704.jpg

Isaac ran a 15.2 in his at like 94.5mph

sam turned in an 11.3 in the 2j 240 wagon

Donnie ran.. slow... in his black 245 (I suspect he won't want me to talk about it, and it might be too slow to count anyway)
Not sure what Marvelous turned in, his car was acting up the whole time. turns out the boost controller wasn't controlling a whole lot.

other non-volvo notables for the track friday: the Doc's 991 ran a mid 10 second pass right off the street, and a touch faster on the next run (and then he was told he couldn't run it again until he got a helmet), a grudge racer wouldn't run sam's wagon despite large amounts of goading from the crowd, svt_baker's car broke (but no one else's did, that was nice).

clarification, the username for Isaac is Isaac, as in mr babcock from south flo ridah

The quickest it did Friday was a 16.2 or something. That was the only run I got where the boost didn't try to overboost to 30psi or make no boost. Eventually ill make it to the track with functioning boost since last time it was having issues making boost too.

15.485 for the WEST!

1990 745 turbo wagon with 13c and A cam and Getrag 265 trans and johnV billet steel flywheel. Got 8 runs in after IPD but they kicked me out when they noticed my water dripping. Water pump gasket I think or weep hole. Maybe I don't have a blown headgasket. Fun seeing eveyone and even Greg came an ran his NA 242! I this point I might put bigger turbo on this car and try and go faster and faster and faster, why not?

337P.jpg

15485print.jpg

greg242.jpg

pir2018.jpg

13.4 @ 104 was my best for the night, slips are in the car. Still more when I get full e85 in the car but I dropped 0.3 from my 60' and picked up 1mph from last time.

Long update:

Another quick update. Went to the races after IPD, along with Simon, the Twins, and Gary. Fastest run was a 13.8@100.4. Was fighting boost control issues all night where I lost boost after torque peak (down to gate pressure) and would only see it recover to target pressure by redline, effectively killing off 1500 RPM of power band. Still, got into triple digits, which is nice considering it was done with less boost than last year.

oVGXnxnh.jpg

And a video that Carl took:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/wiEZDuxl_NE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Box was sticky is a goddamned understatement! I couldn't light em up at all in the staging area, on aired up street tires. I've NEVER had something that sticky here in Sac.

13.4 @ 104 was my best for the night, slips are in the car. Still more when I get full e85 in the car but I dropped 0.3 from my 60' and picked up 1mph from last time.

What was your 60ft? or post whole time slip? Any changes now vs your last run? What is or was personal best? Being that my wagon is going to be a fairly close copy of yours.

Gotta find the slips. 60' was down to around 2.1, last time at the track was 2.4 but cam timing made a big change there. Last time at the track here in town was 13.2 @ 102 but 2.4 60', also on straight E85, and on slicks, spinning a little even on the track. Up in PDX, on streets, 50/50 crappy 91 and E85, 60' dropped .3, MPH went up by 2, ET went up by .2. I'm guessing next run here in town, on straight E85 it may crack that 12 mark at around 105-106, in full street trim.

Back