• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Featherweight Pedal (84 242 GLT)

doc_jones

so my buddy and i (yolk) did an intake mani swap on his 1984 242 GLT. we used a mani from a B21F. got ish swapped and fit up. mounted it in there and went to hook up the throttle cable. when attempting to do so, we found the throttle cable was too short.

so we then proceeded to trim back the casing on the cable so we could have enough length to get the cable all the way around the throttle pulleys (correct term?). it worked, everything was kosher until he stepped on the pedal to make sure it worked. at first, the throttle wouldn't close all the way after he let off the pedal (after some fidgeting, this seemed to stop). but the most interesting thing was the pedal pushed in extremly easy. there is no stiffness whatsoever when pushing the pedal down to the floor.

does anyone have any idea as to why the pedal is moving so easily? is it a side effect of us trimming the casing back? any input helps. thanks all.

yeah my 244 was like that. going over speed bumps often made my foot bounce on the pedal

it's possible before you had dirt build up in the end of the outer which gave you some resistance.

could unhook it and see if the spring on the throttle spool is tight enough. if not i think you can wind it on a bit tighter.

Back