• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Denso problemos..

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
100a denso on my '82 240. Been using this alt for a couple years now, thinking it had ended a string of alternator problems that I was having..

Last week I was driving it and noticed it wasn't working. Volt gauge said ~12v at anything below 2000RPM, ~12.5v at above. Parked the car and shut it off and the battery light came on. As in the battery light only turned on when the ignition was turned off. Would go out if I disconnected the exciter. Made sure the exciter wire was working right and ordered a new regulator which I got today. Brushes and everything looked fine.

Now if I cycle the ignition the idiot lights turn on and off as they should, but when I start the car they just stay on. All of em. Zero charging. Checked the exciter wire again, that's still fine.

So. Alternator is just plumb dead?

wraAnbfh.jpg

Crusty.

So I did an ohm check on the wiring (between alt and terminals) before I took it apart again and I got ~1ohm on the ground, but I got 0ohms on the positive. I'm still confused by that cause when I put the meters probes together I get .6ohms.

Back