• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Build questions.

satanburns1

Satanburns2
I came across headgames motorworks on IG. Has anyone ever used them? They are local to me. I just grabbed a clean 531. They reccomend using stock size valves and just letting them play. My logic was use larger exhaust valves to get the turbo spooled asap. Larger intake valve just make sense to me

It's a 1995 945 on micorsquirt. 750cc Injectors. Has a Garrett from a Ford 2.3 and RSI stage 2 cam. NPR. WC T5 swap. Reinforced rear subframe. Home brew rear torque rods. Short coilovers. Front Billy HD Rear Koni. 205/50r15 Hoosier a7 when I autox.

I have a few 530 heads to cut apart. My thoughts were initially to grab a set of OS valves next group buy. What are your thoughts?

As I said headgames said part throttle response is why they say to stay with a stock size valve for what I'm doing.

The engine that the 531 will end up on is a 2.5 forged stroker. Longer h beams. RSI pistons. Squirters. Coated bearings. Melling oil pump. NIB RSI stage 3 cam. B21f intake with injector bungs welded in. Tube exmanifold and undecided turbo as of yet. I'm sure there is stuff I forgot also. Parts pile is pretty big.

Fire away.

Last edited:
When I had a street performance head built up to put on my kjet turbo. The shop stayed with the stock valves. It is a flowed 405 head. Runs great and has power all around. My hp goal modest though at something like 200-225hp or so. To handle higher power on a 531 head the same shop upgraded the exhaust valves to 38mm and left the intake stock.

Thanks for the Input. Met with 740atl today and he said ame thing.

Next question is how much poly is to much on a 940 wagon?

Thanks for the Input. Met with 740atl today and he said ame thing.

Next question is how much poly is to much on a 940 wagon?

ANY rear end poly is too much poly, IMO. The 9 series "stay bushing" does well in poly.... at least my IPD parts have for about 5 driven years now.

Now with that aside, if you're going to put high power levels thru the 9 series 1041 rear end, talk to Simon Babbs and Linuxman; the've put down more power than most of the remaining TBers combined. A manual gearbox and associated torque multiplication "gear banging" will test that subframe and the doggone torque links. My DD has an AW71 so shock loads never occur.... talk to those guys and they'll know what you need to do to keep it alive.

Back