• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

converting a d30 240 axle to a 1310 ujoint

cosbySweater

300+ Member
300+ Club
i remember reading a long time ago that someone converted a 240 d30 axle to a 1310 u joint using this flange. does anyone recall this or has anyone recently done this for themselves? thanks

yea i realize that, im getting a driveline built, also servicability on a standard 1310 ujoint will be much easier then a custom one.

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/c196_dana_30.html

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra...s=515&t_pt=7940&Axle+Type_PQ=Dana+30+Standard

There are some pinion flanges that will work as well, but then you will need the u-joint flange as well. Your driveline shop should have no problem sourcing these for you .

Also, the Jeep TJ flanges may work. I can't remember if they're the same spline size on the pinion as a standard d30. The TJ pinion is a different length, and they use larger size bearings... I'm just not sure on the spline size.

2-2-237 is whats on the receipt for the one I had done for the 140. 3" shaft, 1310's, stock 1030 flange.

Got it from Driveline Service in west sac.

thanks gary, i have a 1031 axles, i believe they are the same, the flange i posted the link too is out of testpoints old thread. ill buy both and if one doesnt fit ill just send it back, i already got the drive shaft made today for it with 1310s at both ends. ill report back with my findings

thanks gary, i have a 1031 axles, i believe they are the same, the flange i posted the link too is out of testpoints old thread. ill buy both and if one doesnt fit ill just send it back, i already got the drive shaft made today for it with 1310s at both ends. ill report back with my findings

I know this is an old post but I need a new pinion companion flange or part numbers to convert it to a conventional u bolt pinion yoke. Did you ever get yours sorted? Any help is much appreciated. I installed a TrueTrac and new bearings, seals, driveline, etc, and really want to get the car off the jackstands. It?s been on them for 2 years now. Lol. Too many projects and so little time.

Back