• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whiteblock six intake VVT control

I probably misinterpreted this sentence...by using the exhaust VVT on the intake side, you mean using the exhaust PULLEY GEAR, right? Not the exhaust SOLENOID.

Exactly using the exhaust gear open it up and shim it to what ever range you want that's what my friend did and halved the travel to be in the 15* range

Then had it set to a tested rpm to gain in both low and high range

Only reason for swimming was to not have the valves interfere with the pistons

I thought that when intake pulley has 50˚ range and no problems with valves interfering the pistons, the exhaust pulley with its 30˚ will be even safer? So it means the exhaust pulley is mounted under different angle? What am I missing in this?
I would really appreciate some more info about the pulley modifications, if you can ask your friend...

So, all that stuff around correct VVT control seemed crazy for me, so I decided to keep the engine simple and remove the VVT. Possible donor of the solid gear intake cam was turbocharged B6284T (T6), but after the trial with this cam it was obvious that the T6 cam has low lift (3mm lower than the n/a) and it made the engine ultra lazy, so we decided to remove it again and swap in the exhaust cam from another n/a engine and use it as an intake cam. The specs of intake/exhaust whiteblock cams are the same (lift, duration, etc) so theoretically it should be no problem, and it was no problem even in reality :) also the range of setting on the cam timing gear makes it possible to play with the engine range (low torque dead top, fifty fifty, or high end power).

More testing/setting is to be done and results to be updated later...

VVT_seal.jpg

VVT_blocked.jpg

A thread from 2014 rises from the dead....

LrGcvic.jpg

More testing/setting is to be done and results to be updated later...

Okay, it's 3 years and a week later. Would you like to share what have your tests have revealed so far?

(Discovered this topic while Googling about VVT and the B6304).

Y'see, I've just obtained a B6304 which I'd like to drop into my 780, and I'd like to give the six a bit more ompf before that's done.

Back