• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2019 East vs West Competition.

Need more East side guys to post times. I don?t think my car is going to get another 10 more points this year.

I'm really going to try and make something happen, even if it's just courtesy points for playing. I've got a good hour + ride to the closest quarter mile track, so there's that. My m47 is bound to explode first run down the track after abuse on the street all the time.

No prorating for an eighth mile time?

Nice! What track do you guys go to in Oregon?

And give me the quick one line car description...
There's Woodburn dragstrip but I go to Portland International Raceway where they have Friday and Saturday night drags until 9-10pm depending on how many people show up.

1991 244, very mild port 530 head shaved 0.032", 0.036" headgasket, M47, 3.73 rear end, custom LH/EZK chips, H cam, opened airbox, full exhaust including header(unnecessary and not helping at this power level) and 17" wheels with 225/45 DWS 06 tires. So, however you want to turn that into one line... :rofl:

I was at home nursing my legs from being out of shape at the gym. I have a stock 88 245 and a stock P2 V70 with coolant and oil leaks. Hard pass for me over the next month or two.
Racing a stock car is better than racing no car, always. Why is the V70 leaking coolant and oil? It wasn't leaking when you got it...

There's Woodburn dragstrip but I go to Portland International Raceway where they have Friday and Saturday night drags until 9-10pm depending on how many people show up.

1991 244, very mild port 530 head shaved 0.032", 0.036" headgasket, M47, 3.73 rear end, custom LH/EZK chips, H cam, opened airbox, full exhaust including header(unnecessary and not helping at this power level) and 17" wheels with 225/45 DWS 06 tires. So, however you want to turn that into one line... :rofl:

Racing a stock car is better than racing no car, always. Why is the V70 leaking coolant and oil? It wasn't leaking when you got it...

That's a pretty good running non-turbo Volvo. Good work friend.

Yeah but it also had carbon snowmen for valves and a burny boy. PCV hose decided to not be a hose anymore and I think somebody kinked a coolant feed line when installing the new turbo. It also needs a CV boot.

That's a pretty good running non-turbo Volvo. Good work friend.
Thanks, sir. It's a ways off of it's best, hopefully I give it some love this year and go back to the 15s. Full interior, not lightened in any way aside from removed crash triangles. Working a/c. :lol:

PCV hose decided to not be a hose anymore and I think somebody kinked a coolant feed line when installing the new turbo. It also needs a CV boot.
Lame.

Well, 5 months later, the 240 has basically been sitting and rotting away while we bought a house and sold our other one. We had an evening of drag racing at PIR this past weekend though, so I took our 2014 S60 T5(5cyl) FWD out there for some runs! I was thinking about taking Harald's car, but it's always broken or in process of being changed in one way or another.

How come no one else has posted in this thread?!? Isn't this a Volvo performance website? SLACKERS!!!

The S60 did a 14.440 at 96.2mph on it's final run of the night(I only did 5). It has a 14.3 in it with more time, and maybe a 14.2 or better if I put smaller front wheels with better tires on it. It's the family sedan though, so no changes coming any time soon!

I don't have the picture of the best time slip on me, but will get it. Here's the third run's slip with the third best time. The time progressively got better with each run.

3rd(and 3rd best) run's time slip
Picture of car at the track

Wait, nobody has run? WTF!

I was actually thinking about heading out next week since it'll be nice weather and the car is running pretty legit. Might finally have that 12.9 in it.

I made some passes with my 16VT car a couple weeks ago too. I need to add those timesiips to the spreadsheet. Mine were a bit disappointing but drag racing is drag racing. Always a good time out there at the track. Drop your times in here. I'll try to get everything updated today.

I wish I could have done some passes this year. Too bad they closed the Utah track.

I am moving to Michigan though, so I'll be swapping sides for next year.

Yeah, since you can't make your car fast Harald.

If I can get a pass in, you get your car running and get a pass in, and we tune Ryan's with the good stuff, we'll walk on Tate's points pretty easy.

Yeah, since you can't make your car fast Harald.

If I can get a pass in, you get your car running and get a pass in, and we tune Ryan's with the good stuff, we'll walk on Tate's points pretty easy.

Looks like I'll have to get some slicks now.

Hahaha, now this is EvW! :)

Here's my fastest time slip:
14.440 @ 96.29mph

Attachments

• 2014 S60 T5 FWD Sport Quarter Mile PIR 2019.jpg
    2014 S60 T5 FWD Sport Quarter Mile PIR 2019.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back