• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

softer 240 V8 STS mounts

Texas240

Prius Owner
300+ Club
Has anyone found a replacement in a softer rubber or poly than what sts offers in their mounts? I made a good amount of difference going with a higher stall converter in my 4l60e but there mounts and the poly that is offered still translates a good amount of vibration at idle through the the car. Even worse with a/c on.

See if Scott will at least give you the dimensions/model # of what's in there -- then you can shop around on your own for replacements. I made my mounts out of the rear upper torque arms - and lucked out when I ordered the poly bushings for mine. FWIW, they were a black poly. They seem softer compared to the blue and red poly bits used in other places on the car. Use an OEM rubber tranny mount with some modifications to keep it from moving around as much. Smooth/quiet - and with the 3rd torque mount on the driver's side head -- virtually no movement under torque/decel.

what cam do you have? also are you sure the converter is seated properly? my 6.0 with a stock cam was smoother then any redblock ive ever owned with the sts mounts installed. I had vibrations in mine at first and it ended up being a messed up flex plate

what cam do you have? also are you sure the converter is seated properly? my 6.0 with a stock cam was smoother then any redblock ive ever owned with the sts mounts installed. I had vibrations in mine at first and it ended up being a messed up flex plate

Stock truck cam. Its been like this from that start off getting the engine/trans out of a wrecked avalanche. Was never taken apart. The vibration has since settled a little with the new circle d 2800 stall converter but is pretty harsh with the ac on. In park or neutral the engine super smooth. I put a can of beer on my intake manifold cover I made and it doesn't move.

Flex plate looks fine.

Stock truck cam. Its been like this from that start off getting the engine/trans out of a wrecked avalanche. Was never taken apart. The vibration has since settled a little with the new circle d 2800 stall converter but is pretty harsh with the ac on. In park or neutral the engine super smooth. I put a can of beer on my intake manifold cover I made and it doesn't move.

Flex plate looks fine.

Do a tune up, sounds like you got a miss

I honestly dont remember. That was 4 years ago when I went to the salvage yard. They had the engine out already. I did see the truck when I had them grab the pedal. I think front end. What are you thinking.

Hard front end collisions can cause issues with the crank being unbalanced, all depends where it was hit etc etc. Just throwing out ideas.

Shout out to Bret Willet for getting me into Dallas Performance the Lambo shop for a quick change to the tune. Like a few other people said, raise the idle which I wasn't disagreeing with just talking to a few tuners that only work with LS motors that these engines dont need to idle above 650 were clearly wrong. Raising the idle up 150rpm from 650 to 800 cleared the vibration at idle up and solved an idle drop when the ac is on when coming to a complete stop. Rpms would drop to 300 or so then pick right back up. Car now also chirps the tires when up shifting thanks to some torque management.

Hope to get onto their dyno in a few months or for my birthday as a gift to myself. The lambp shop is so zen when you walk in there.

Back