• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

I did my 16VT for about $60!!!

(in silicone intercooler piping)

:lol: Yeah that sounds about right. All that little stuff will nickel and dime you to death. Thinks like -8 90 fuel line elbows that cost $20/each, and silicone couplers, and t bolt clamps, and gauges, and well, pretty much everything.

:lol: Yeah that sounds about right. All that little stuff will nickel and dime you to death. Thinks like -8 90 fuel line elbows that cost $20/each, and silicone couplers, and t bolt clamps, and gauges, and well, pretty much everything.

my budget of a like $600 has gone to like $$$$ but that budget was when little work was had, but now that I have a full time job the situation has turned on me.

I know all you junkies like pictures instead of reading words....

so heres a few minor updates.

Got about 95% of the paint and rust off
1ba38274.jpg

865c0fe2.jpg

And some were curious to see what the intake looks like. Quite similar to Josh's style but a slight difference of whatever that is.
78f7b2b8.jpg

03cc2cc5.jpg

76a0a55c.jpg

I saw a similar manifold on eBay briefly when I was building mine. Some guy had built it for use in some sort of turbo Ford. Had a somewhat steep BIIN price, I hesitated, someone snapped it up.

I saw a similar manifold on eBay briefly when I was building mine. Some guy had built it for use in some sort of turbo Ford. Had a somewhat steep BIIN price, I hesitated, someone snapped it up.

Some one on TB built it then decided to go a different route. Picked up real real cheap;-)

been a few weeks or so since last post. Did a bit of work the past few days.

ebcd3c41.jpg

Work still seems to be off the walls and I have a business trip in a few weeks so I dont see anything happening for atleast the next 3 weeks. After I get back from New Orleans in a few weeks I plan on taking the block to the Machinist to get decked and see about how much to take off for tight squish.

If any body has andy ideas on how much shine in cause im pretty damn clueless.

Plan on buying some stock height H-beam rods from RSI and then go from there

And some car shots with the crazy ice/snow we got a few days ago.

a4d202f7.jpg

after like 30 minutes of snow fall
deb21ad5.jpg

d3c5b058.jpg

e7371087.jpg

Lookin good.....I like them wheels on the wagon. Did you drill the squirters?

Sorry, was at the inlaws for dinner and was tweekin on my Droid.....I guess what I was thinking, did you borrow Johns kit, or how did you do it?

Sorry, was at the inlaws for dinner and was tweekin on my Droid.....I guess what I was thinking, did you borrow Johns kit, or how did you do it?

I borrowed and still have it. The kit is truly easy to use and you just need to take as much time as you need. The thread makes it seem a bit harder then it really is.

Back