• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A lifted 1993 Classic 240

Got around to installing the rear sway yesterday along with new iPd overload springs, bpr6es plugs, kingsborne wires, cap and rotor, trailer wiring wired in, new lower alt bushings and a 100amp Bosch alternator. Need to finish up the wiring on the hella super tones as I ran out of terminal connectors. The '93 horn sucks so bad. Hopefully people know I'm there with the super tones. Only one pic.

Last week I installed my hitch. Picked up all new bolts.

If the rest of the body/chassis is rust free, the car is worth fixing, IMO. A quarter panel is not that hard to replace. 12 hours book time, if I remember correctly. It has been a long time since I did one.

What is the actual color code on the VIN plate?

If the rest of the body/chassis is rust free, the car is worth fixing, IMO. A quarter panel is not that hard to replace. 12 hours book time, if I remember correctly. It has been a long time since I did one.

What is the actual color code on the VIN plate?

I'd say it's worth fixing. This #899 I went and looked at today had less serious rust but still some. Hopefully picking that up tomorrow.

Good save, many would have run from this one! A 1993, a 245, a classic! What more to say!

Look forward to seeing more progress!

pFound the source of the smell of fuel from around my main pump. The hose from tank to main pump had a gouge in it. Got it replaced and also replaced both pumps and filters and all the associated small parts. Got my silicone heater hoses in today. Just waiting on a delivery from FCP so I can do the head gasket.

Last edited:
From this
25fr1ub.jpg

xkoodv.jpg

2z6b5hk.jpg

To this
2rfsx8o.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered some bilstein hds for the front end from amazon, saved $60 but also not sure when they'll be here. I've also gotten new tires, from these crap Kelly tires
2eupcme.jpg

To these hankooks. mounted and siped at les Schwab, bought off amazon. They'll work till the rim is upgraded.
hrbrr9.jpg

Fixed the turn assembly lenses with just some cheap PPS ones.
2mrzgx3.jpg

Bought new hella license plate lights with some led bulbs.
f9r3w5.jpg

21oy39l.jpg

Waiting on some inner tie rods from FCP to do some steering maintenance. Next purchase will be rear hds and then brakes, exhaust, bushings and then on to cosmetics.

I'll slowly fix the pictures here.

Been awhile...
She's currently running the old RSI stage1 n/a cam(11.07mm lift, 252 deg. @ .050 lift, and 110 LSA) and pink injectors. Straight piped with single magnaflow in rear. Got my window raingaurds back. Just picked up another header from Sweden, so when I've got the money I'll get the exhaust work done at a shop. Believe I found a friend of a friend to do some head work on a spare head for not his shops rate which will be nice when I get bigger valves and springs.
15ez8dv.jpg

znlusl.jpg

Last edited:
Got myself a welder and been pretty busy since then. I welded my own 2.25" over axle exhaust. With a 21" cherry bomb in resonator spot and a magnaflow muffler in back piped out driver side. No cat. O2 bung welded into pipe where cat use to be, 6"flex pipe ahead of that. I believe in back pressure now. Right before I made that system I was just a cherry bomb and straight out pass side. The difference in pedal feel is definitely noticeable.

alq89i.jpg

s16onn.jpg

214oaqx.jpg

I also modified the WAAG grille gaurd that I got from a junkyard '99 Isuzu trooper. Had to cut 7" from the sides and weld it back together. Mod new upper and lower bumper brackets(still working on lower). Added the fogs I got the same day with some old school brackets I had. It's come together so well. I made the top mounts the bolt to bumper from alternator brackets and enginehoist brackets from the exhaust manifold.

Day of test fitting on jy 240
23rttl4.jpg

4q4lqh.jpg

This evening
2wpsc5d.jpg

2ccmiq8.jpg

347wqro.jpg

vet1lc.jpg

I have #1205 in green and tan interior. My left rear quarter was hit on my car as well and not very well repaired. So, it is the daily car. I will repair the rust sometime but not before I fix the turbo.

It is great you are fixing up a classic. Wish you well with it.

I have #1141, ruby red wagon with tan interior. Currently 16V turbo with a 5 spd manual, soon to have a turbo LS and 6 spd manual.

My 91 GLE has the same wheels, except that the spare one still has the original tyre and is in perfect condition (used, but not abused, maybe used once or twice). They do look pretty sweet in brand new condition or restored :-) Let me see if I can find my photo of it... hmm, only found the back, but it should illustrate the state of the front well enough:

B9n6qBhCEAAEckN.jpg

I see this thread has a 1 star rating - Let me balance that out a bit...

Haters gonna hate. Glad I'm not building my car for them. Thanks for positive thread feedback though. :nod:

Ohh jeeze that it is one freaking nice wheel!!

My 91 GLE has the same wheels, except that the spare one still has the original tyre and is in perfect condition (used, but not abused, maybe used once or twice). They do look pretty sweet in brand new condition or restored :-) Let me see if I can find my photo of it... hmm, only found the back, but it should illustrate the state of the front well enough:

B9n6qBhCEAAEckN.jpg

I see this thread has a 1 star rating - Let me balance that out a bit...

No worries! I noticed after I noticed my own thread had a 1 star rating from 1 vote from 1 person who doesn't like me or doesn't understand that build threads are long term. Then I scrolled down and saw yours and thought, I'll either counter or second that, and checked. :-)

In effect those ratings have no value whatsoever without widespread participation, as outlier(s) completely skew the result to their weird biases. In any case, now it's biased toward centre, so the only effect on future votes is to slow the drift to the correct community driven rating. Fine.

Glad you liked the wheel. If/when I next pull it out of hiding I'll grab a front photo for you and post it here.

Back