• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700 brake upgrade options

I saw them on a swedish site, a friend of mine who has a 242gt also has the r brakes, we orderd them together, but..... I dont know the site anymore I could ask him. Perhaps he still knows, I will try to ask him that this week. And yes it looks awesome imo.

137858368.jpg

137858372.jpg

137858374.jpg

looks like an L shaped bracket, and I'm guessing the calipers were tapped for studs or bolts?

the calipers are originally tapped, the discs are new and with the discs came new 10.9 bolts. You should first bolt the caliper on the brackets, make it tight you dont have to remove them ever. Because then you must grind a bit of the top bolt head otherwise it comes against the "shockabsorber''. You must remove and place the caliper with the other 4 bolts, but the bracket always stayes attached to the caliper.

Go S60R rotors over the XC90 stuff. The XC90's are a couple mm larger diameter, similar thickness, but not NEARLY the amount of ventilation. The vents are there, but the S60R rotors are a better designed vent by a long shot, plus they're a touch lighter.

Back